WHY dentistry does not recognise jawbone infection

Posted , 4 users are following.

After suffering for eight years after botched root canal treatment I understand why NHS dentists are reluctant to refer jawbone infection. I consider it a massive cover-up because they all  know that route Canals fail, and mercury amalgam causes disaster in the jawbones. If you have the misfortune of mercury amalgam filled roots then you are on a course for jawbone infection. 

has anyone noticed how a dentist will fob you off and not investigate.  If this well-known infection got out Amongst the general public there would be an epidemic of  cases needing treatment: earache sore throat swollen glands, eye orbit pain, temporal headaches.  Chronic fatigue Night sweats fever malaise ... 

Dentistry is actually alchemy. have you noticed how dentists  are reluctant to: Extract, fill, or root fill a tooth... I firmly believe that dentistry IS medicine and they can't decapitate you and treat your jaw as a separate form/ entity  of medicine.   If you are a victim of dentistry and unlucky enough to have jawbone  infection you will know that it affects your whole body constitutionally .    The dentist has told me to see my doctor and my doctor has told me to see my dentist !!!  The dentist says oh I'm an NHS dentist I don't clean out the jaw.  After an extraction:  but yes I've taken your tooth out and you have dry socket which means an infection.  I have referred you. Then reader it is a wing and a prayer because nobody wants to know about jawbone infection in the UK NH system ... I wonder why.. you have been warned.  Jawbone infection is the next thalidomide.. a result of root filling  incompetence and ignorance . You can't mess with that very sensitive region of where the tooth root tip meets the jawbone.  Dentistry alchemy .... 

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get it this happened to me. OM of the jaw after root canal. Years of pain. 3 years to diagnose by a different dentist.
  • Posted

I'm in the USA & things aren't much different here, they act like your head (teeth) are detached from the rest of your body & neither effects the other which is totally rubbish.

I suffered a jawbone infection from utterly ignorant dentist (most are) and his botched surgery of failed root canal. Suffering horribly for 4 yrs now (see my post in Jaw Osteomyelitis discussion group). All could have been avoided. Root canals are all chronic infections to some degree!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.