why do fibroids occur?

Posted , 4 users are following.

endometreosis, fibroids.

a high percentage of us girls get them.

we are told by the medics that~

they grow or shrink according to what our hormones are doing.

they stop us getting pregnant.

they should be whiped out individually or the whole uterus.

have we ever stopped to think why they grow.

our bodies are very clever machines.

have women always had fibroids or in this day and age is our lifestyles causing them.

why are so many young girls getting them?

they are almost never malignant.

one thing for certain is that when they grow big, they cause a lot of pain and bloat, gas and pipi probs.

one other thought is how can mollases help shrink them.

its sugar!

just having a rare 'thinking day' .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's from being estrogen dominant, not enough progesterone. Birth control pills, the Depoprovera shot...all these things stop us from producing the proper levels of necessary hormones.
    • Posted

so there we have the answer.

not only the pill but hrt i suppose.

wish someone would tell gynnos that fibroids dont shrink after menopause these days as their clients have been taking the oh so happy hrt.

i now recall that the food we eat is pumped full of hormones and the water we drink hasn't had the hormone estrogen filtered out.

so the antidote is progesterone.

there must be a sinister reason that we are not all taking progesterone to shrink our fibroids.

is there a natural way of rebuilding our hormone balance?

its difficult to imagine that what we ingest in both food and chemicals  causes us this inbalance.

then we have to go under the knife.

its not right is it when you try  to keep healthy .

have there been any surveys done to link these factors?

i think not.

the pharmaceutical cmpanies wouldn't like that !

• Posted

Recently had a fibroid removed surgically under an emergency procedure - caused excessive bleeding leading to aneamia.

Prior to that doctors couldn;t tell me anything 'cos medical profession don't know much! GP had me on Transexamic acid tablets - awful big things to swallow and took a while to kick in.

V. little research on fibroids (http://www.britishfibroidtrust.org.uk), only that as IndyJane said, fibroids associated with excess estrogen.

After a year of excessive bleeding, I got fed up and stopped taking all tablets (vitamins, iron, transexamic acid) - In hindsight, please DON'T stop prescribed medication without first discussing with GP).

I've been normal weight and otherwise reasonably healthy. I radically changed my diet and the bleeding (between and during periods) reduced substantially and the size of the clots reduced in size. 

Cut tea from 10 cups a day to 3 max

No vitamin tablets (cereal, bread etc all fortified with iron and vitamins)

Ate as much iron products as poss - spinach or broccoli every day  ( but very hard to maintain on long term) , molasses in cakes, cooking etc.,

Organic food wherever it was available in supermarket and/or affordable.

Organic milk all the time.

Have decided to maintain these changes even though fibroid problem sorted out --body much calmer.

(oh we live near a farm, can't prove connection to pesticides sprayed but occasionally birds drop dead out of the sky onto our drive --- that's not right is it?)

Also little (feminist) moan - no doubt if fibroids were a "man" issue there'd probably be a lot more research about it :-(

Oh well....

• Posted

You ask some intresting questions Chica! As someone who has just been told i need a hysterectomy for my fibroids...... why is there not a system in place to monitor fibroids...? Would save alot of heartache later. I was told I had fibroids when i was pregnant but was told it was nothing to worry about they are very small. 15 years later i have three big ones measuring 12,11 and 9 cms and multiple small ones. If someone had said keep an eye on them they will grow, i would have had regular checks. Now taking esmya to initially shrink them.

• Posted

I agree Charlie23169, if men suffered from it...... there would be a cure by now lol
    • Posted

'and another thing'

rant rant

if your man got kicked in the testicles, he would suffer a lot of pain.

but we cant imagine what that pain is like.

so why do these male gynnos think they have any idea of what we girls go through.

they cant even imagine what period pains are like.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.