Why do I feel like a relationship will make me feel less empty/depressed/lonely?

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I see a girl that is attractive or meet a girl and I enjoy their personality I immidiatelty think, relationship. I usually stray from these feelings. I just try to distance myself as friend as i dont want to be in a relationship at the state im in and/or for vain reasons (looks). Ive come to the conclusion that my mind doesnt know what to do and thinks subconciously that a relationship will make me feel less lonely. Even though itll probably have the opposite effect.

How do i stop feeling like a relationship will solve this or how do i feel less lonely? I think the second is impossible to answer but i hope insight will help.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi why do you feel lonely?  Do you have friends?  Are you working or still at school?  Do you think you are suffering from depression or anxiety etc?   Sorry for the questions but you have said very little about yourself so it's hard to know what to say.  Can you tell us any more please? x

• Posted

Yes, very little, school, and yes. Its quite alright, im open and i didnt really know what to put down so i just put down my thoughts and feelings.
  • Posted

Hi thoughts and feelings are great as they are the hardest to reveal but without knowing more about your circumstances it's hard to know what to say.

Have you seen your school counsellor?  How old are you?  Have you seen your doctor and asked for help?  x

• Posted

Well it might be worthwhile to have a chat to your school counsellor.  At your age you need to be concentrating on school and having friends to hang out with.  There is nothing wrong with having a relationship though if the feelings are mutual.  x

• Posted

My school doesnt care about us really and youre absolutely right. Ill probably just try to ignore that part of me, thanks.
  • Posted

Hi doesn't18463 - have you had a girlfriend before? Do feel peer pressure to be with someone? Like hypercat says, you should talk to someone about your anxiety. You will benefit hugely from sharing and learning about yourself. I wish i was as aware  of my feelings at your age. 

• Posted

Thanks ill try and sorry for late responses, been a tough week or tough 2 years since i noticed my anxiety.
    • Posted

Also ive had one but it really didnt mean anything and i dont feel pressured to i just get attracted to personalities and on the inside im clingy but dont show it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.