Why do I feel like crap in the morning?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Was diagnosed with TPO antibodies a week and a half ago ( Hashimoto's) and I have been waking up feeling like I'm having a panic attack and having a high pulse rate. Does anybody else suffer from this?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

We’re you having the panic attacks etc before you were diagnosed? Have you started medication for the Hashimoto’s? If the answers are “no” and “yes”, I’d suspect the medication, because being over medicated with synthetic thyroid hormone can cause the symptoms you describe. 

That being said, the body can take a few weeks to adjust to the medication so you may want to wait a while if you can stand it, and see if things improve. Talking to your doctor is never a bad idea, though.

• Posted

It sounds to me as though your making yourself have panic attacks with the thought of the Hashimoto's.  Have you been diagnosed with hypothyroidism?  Hypothyroidism is a symptom of the Hashimoto's, but some people can go their lives, without ever developing hypothyroidism.  If you have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism caused by the Hashimoto's, and are taking T4 replacement, then the medication can cause panic attacks when first starting it, or if you become over medicated.  As for the Hashimoto's disease itself, there is no medication, but eating healthy, getting good sleep, daily exercise, and low stress levels can help to slow the progression down, so you won't go on to develop hypothyroidism..

• Posted

yes, have been hypo for about 2 years. Just got over viral sinusitis and went and got blood taken because I suspected thyroid was out of whack and the antibodies were found. I feel like I'm swinging back and forth between hypo and hyper

• Posted

Okay, so you found out about the Hashimoto’s but nothing about your actual condition has changed since it’s safe to assume you had the Hashimoto’s from the start of being hypo two years ago.

So if the panic attacks only started after you got the Hashimoto’s diagnosis then they may be anxiety induced. Still, in your shoes I would go get another blood test.

• Posted

I did get blood test done last week, which is when I found out about the TPO antibodies (Hashimoto’s ). 
  • Posted

So presumably you had thyroid levels tested as well. What did they show? TSH value? That would be an indicator of over/under medicated. Levels between 1 and 4 are generally thought to be “normal”, above 4 borderline under medicated, below one borderline over medicated (it works in reverse but you probably knew that😁wink

• Posted

TSH was 1.26, which is "normal" as were the T4 & T3. The only thing different was antibodies were present

• Posted

Your TSH level is perfect actually..  so my opinion would be that the panic attacks are self induced, at the thought of having the antibodies.  The antibodies were always there before you had the blood test, which is the reason for the hypothyroidism, you just didn't know it at the time...  What do you think Dave?

• Posted

had my levels checked for the past two years since being diagnosed hypo and never had antibodies before. Been reading a lot about people who have the TPO antibodies and how they say it makes them feel and makes them feel like they are fluctuating between hypo and Hyper. Just wanting to know if anybody else has experienced this. Thank you for all your help :-)
    • Posted

In the beginning it is possible to go back and forth, but then settles down, and stays hypo.. forever.  Hope this helps..
    • Posted

It does smile Just very overwhelming and scary with all of the swinging of the emotions, symptoms & anxiety

• Posted

The antibodies indicate an autoimmune response to your own thyroid products. The antibodies basically bind stuff up, inactivating. I suspect there's some sort of calculation that relates thyroxin levels and TPO antibodies.

Also, for those who feel like you're swinging between hypo and hyper, this is typical thyroid behavior when the thyroid is diseased. As the disease progresses and the thyroid becomes 'tired", it will no longer go to hyper and will stay at hypo. For me, the revving between hypo and hyper was an early indication of thyroid disease. Early means there's a better possibility of reversal.

• Posted

Hi There , you are always such a good source of info! Little off topic but have you seen anything in the literature abot a relationship between fluoride and the spike of autoimmune disorders?
  • Posted

Don't have anything to help, but you need to get someone to listen someone LIVE and find out why your pulse rate is high, especially if it is over 90.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.