Why do I feel so emotionless?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is it normal to think of stuff that would usually bother you and make you anxious/scared/sad/happy but you just feel nothing and just like what's the point. I don't feel depressed just really flat :S is it because I'm on my period and anxiety combined? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sounds more like depression

towards end of period hormones change again!! look it up

can you make up a diary on excel a 28 day diary say with moods , tears , flat, sleeplessness, weird head etc then use a baseline say 20 then colour it over the 28 days and add the known variables like period start end , 14 days, pill on off

you could do 2 graphs and over lap if it's easier

maybe you could go back and make a rough one of variables but Maybe not emotions

I was able to do similar for my depression to show it was 14 day blips as no one believed me.

just a thought

• Posted

All my thoughts just feel weird confusing and just ahhh, I think I might try that though. Keep a diary or something of thoughts cause I just go round in cirlces, confuse myself and I just feel like I've lost my head
    • Posted

Yep so you can add that to a variable emotionaless tick it happening day 5 for example
  • Posted

Seriously can't believe that I just found this. I have been totally struggling with this I actually had a thought my loved ones would die and I wouldn't be bothered. Oh well such is life. I take meds for depression/anxiety but I drank some alcohol two weekends ago and messed myself up so I'm trying to get back on track. Normally i don't want to think about bad stuff And I can brush it off cause bad thoughts bother me like a normal person. I'm just glad I'm not alone and I'm really not a heartless person who only cares about myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.