Why do I feel so unwell all the time?

Posted , 49 users are following.

I suffer from depression and anxiety, and while I know that these are major factors in affecting general health and wellbeing I am beginning to feel so fed up with feeling unwell all of the time.

I'm so drained and exhausted all the time, I have constant pallor, dark circles under my eyes, terrible dry and flaky skin and my face is covered in red blotches, scabs and blemishes. My hair is so thin and frail it breaks when I brush it and it just always looks flat and dull. Sometimes when I am out walking around, I feel breathless, I drag my feet like my legs are weighed down, lightheaded or like there is a pressure in my skull, or that I'm carrying a block of lead inside my abdomen. I feel sniffley, I go from perspiring excessively to getting chills through my spine. And my muscles ache and 'tenderize' very easily, like my body is constantly in a dull state of pain. I often come home after a day out and have barely enough energy to drag myself upstairs and collapse on my bed and my body almost throbs from fatigue, I can feel every pulse pounding through me because my heart rate is so high. As a woman I also suffer from terribly heavy and painful periods that take a massive toll on my health, and leave me bedridden for at least 2-3 days every month and I still never feel like I completely recover afterwards.

I have tried absolutely everything over the years- specialized diets, exercising regularly, taking vitamins and supplements, holistic treatments and self help books- but I can never seem to feel completely healthy. I have maybe one week out of every couple of months when I feel 'good' but I can rarely enjoy it thinking about when it will end. I'm starting to wonder if there is something really wrong with me under the surface that I have been missing, but my symptoms are so broad and vague I have no idea where to start considering what it could even be.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thankyou to those who take the time to read this smile

6 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It may have been a while since you posted this... But have you gotten any answers??? I seriously feel sick everyday and ive tried meds docs and holistic bull s**t. Help if you found answers
  • Posted

Hey, I've kinda been having similar symptoms as you. If you check out the post i just made, you can see if our symptoms match up, but I too have fatigue and usually only feel "good" one week and the rest im too tired by the end of the day but i also get headaches, nasal congestion on one side of my nose and i feel hot in my face. With fatigue, i would try taking vitamin D or B-12. Have you gotten any blood tests done?

• Posted

holly I am in the same boat I suffer from depression and anxiety and also chronic pain the only thing is I can't even go out anymore if I go to the grocery store I am done for the rest of the day just to take a shower it takes everything out of me I am so so tired of feeling sick all the time 😢😢😢😢😢

• Posted

Hey..I too have the same problem. Only difference s am a male. Sometimes I feel healthy and strong..but mostly I will be in exhausted state as you stated. It feels like everyday s last day of our life. Totally feed up with this condition 😞

• Posted

how are you feeling now sunil0487 ???

im also male and feel like death every 4 weeks or so

• Posted

Oh my goodness holly..i feel exactly the same way.every detailexcwpt im 40.and have felt this way for years and years.im sure im a little late with my response.wish i had seen this earlier..im just so sick of feeling sick all the time.ive tried different diets,exercise, etc.i also,have anxiwty and depression.and I have Lupus.but it's getting to the point where i just cant deal with this anymore.

• Posted

Hi I'm very late to the discussion but I was wondering did you ever find out what was wrong with you Holly? 

I feel the same and I am completely fetch up I don't know what to do anymore sad

• Posted

Has anyone who posted on this feed come up with a diagnosis?  

I'm having the same issues - the heaviness in the lower abdomen is especially concerning - plus I have temperature issues (legs feel cold but they are hot to the touch) and slight numbness from my hips to my ankles.  

Blood test are fine.  Diabetes touch test on the bottom of my feet are fine.  I'm a 44-year old female and I've been having these symptoms for 6 months now.  Help!

• Posted

Hi Holly. I haven't read through all of the responses, and I know this was posted quite some time ago, so I realize I may be too late. I hope that you have found some answers. In case you haven't, I wanted to provide some thoughts I had while reading your post. I am 32 years old and have experienced a lot of the symptoms you describe, which is why I found your post when researching. Although I cannot give medical advice, I am a nurse and my first thought is whether you have followed up with a rheumatologist. The reason I say that is because your symptoms are very similar to those of an autoimmune disease, which can be difficult to diagnose. Like I said, I hope that you have found some answers and that you have been able to find a way to better manage your symptoms. I just wanted to provide some feedback in case you are still searching for help with this. Best of luck!

• Posted

Hi Holly,

I was wondering if u ever got 2 the root of how u were feeling..my name is paulett & im 39yrs old..i have been feeling EXACTLY how u feel or were feeling..its been 3yrs that ive been feeling ill everyday & the doctors here r no help..im an going nuts trying 2 figure out what is wrong with me,i am dropping into a deep depression because of this..its miserbale?

• Posted

Hi holly I have all of these symptoms too it’s awful I was diagnosed with under active thyroid about 7 years ago I still have a lot of these symptoms but there a little better I would recommend getting your bloods checked I had mine taken a few times before I was diagnosed in the end they did an antibodies test and found out my antibodies were attacking my thyroid gland and my hair follicles hence why I have bold patches hope you get sorted soon much love xxx 😌

• Posted

I know this thread is very old, but I just wanted to say I feel just the same. I don't even get out of the house now. I am 74 but I feel ancient. No matter how well or how long I sleep, I feel tired, headachey or even nauseated at times, and my legs feel weak and wobbly. I am fed up with feeling incapable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.