Why do I feel worse now in week 4

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 74 yeas old and 4 weeks into total hysterectomy. I've had a few setbacs water infection which when tested showed e.coli too! Sickness, diarheah Reaction to antibiotcs was awful. Its so good to read other comments on recovery period and expectations on how you shoud feel. I still experience pain and soreness, the pulling sensation around the scar area and sore stomach. Been told that coud be due to medication. Really look forward to a day free from pain and discomfort but have to realie that weve had major surgery, and shouldnt expect too uch of ourselves to soon Does anyone else feel that they have been affected b change of mindset and feeing low. Best of luck to you all.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dorothy, I had my hysterectomy back on March 28th. I did not start feeling well until maybe a month ago. I still have swollening and experience some discomfort. It is a rough procedure. Lots of rest is required. There were days I was ok and others I felt sick and pain. I was able to keep my ovaries, which I am grateful for but the incision was the whole bottom of my stomach. It did take me awhile to feel myself again. I'm still not at 100 percent but I'm getting there. If you don't feel like you're getting any better, don't hesitate to call your doctor. Overall I am doing alot better than I was doing. Best of luck and prayers for a fast recovery!!

• Posted

Hi Christine, thanks for gettng back to me. It's good to know other folk can relate to how your feeling, it's so difficult to explain isn't it? I feel I am getting there, but like you not 100%. I just didn'texpeect to have pain this far along, but reading other comments maybe this is 'normal' after this type of surgery. Thanks for prayers, I know they have helped me in the past weeks.

• Posted

Hi dorothy sorry to bear about your rough time...I actually work.in a gynae theatre and ive seen first hand what a major operation you and so many women including my self go through .give yourself a break and be kind to yourself... it takes time and patience to recover we all have setbacks... and you are inly 4 weeks into your recovery. Im a whole year into mine..and decided on no hrt at the beginning big mistake im now on hrt and feel much better.. you will start to feel better just a little every day .. and make sure you take all your pain meds dont be a martyr take my lovely x
    • Posted

Hi Dawn, thanks for getting back to me. I think when your in the early days of recovery, you feel as if your the only one going through it! And I realise now that it is early days and need that time and patience. My medication is a bit of a grey area really, I couldn't take codiene (gave me illucinations!) cocodamol gave me a really sore painful tummy as I was on antibiotics too. So at the moment I am just on paracetamol x4 daily, sso shall see how I go for the next few days. My grandaughter gets married on Friday, so I thank God I'm well enough to be there. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.