Why do I feel worse today? Been on meds for 72 hours

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with GH on Wednesday morning. I've never experienced pain and discomfort like this in my life. Blisters everywhere, have a huge lump in my pelvic area that is so tender. Hard to walk, always crying, depressed, and going pee is absolutely unbearable. When will I start feeling better? I'm on ACYCLOVIR and I've taken 2 days of doses. I need this to end ASAP. Please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Because the tablets don't cure what is already there, they just stop more appearing in the long run!

you're from england? (im guessing because in america they have valtrex) get your doctor to give you some lidocaine that will be your help

• Posted

How do you feel today?

Im on dat 2 of valtrex and in more pain than ever - im not even sure my blisters have opened up into sores but if that means more pain i really dont know if ill be able to handle it

• Posted

I've just finished my course of those tablets. My sores have gone. I am worried though as I'm feeling abit irritated down there though so scared another one might be coming on. Fingers crossed not. I have been in your situation don't stress. I've even had a catheter fitted as I found it that unbareable to pee. It does get better if you want to ask me any questions please do, I'm not a pro I've only just finished my first out break but I will try help where I can x

• Posted

Hi Sharne,

How long did the tablets take before you felt any relief?

• Posted

About 4 days, I have a catheter bag though but I have been through the pain of urinating before I had it fitted, after 5 or 6 days all the sores had healed. Believe it or not it was two weeks ago and I still have a catheter I'm now kicking off because I need this out. It gets better. The more you stress and get upset the more you could make it worse so relax accept it and embrace it. Even though it seems impossible, promise it gets better smile

• Posted

Hey

Try soaking in a espon salt bath and drying the infected area with a hair dryer on low. You want to dry the bumps asap.

When using the rest room take a big cup of warm water and pour as you pee trust me its the best thing ever.

Your first OB is the worst OB makes you hate life. I promise you it will get better.

It took me a min to accept this virus but once i did i educated myself as much i could and it's been 10 mons and i only had 3 OB none this year. My other 2 OB came right after my first one but wasn't nearly as bad as my first one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.