Why do i get 30 second stabbing pain in my head once a year?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi my name is Alistair im 21 and I've had this weird annual stabbing pain in my head on July 6th every year since I can remember it feels like someone is coming behind you a stabbing you in the back of the head, When this happens I lose my vision and in serious pain then it goes for a year (weird), also I think I no how it happens its when I make a sharp turn of my head and my left side of my head and neck start to hurt, any1 heard of something like this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Alistair myself cousin and aunt had this happen.quite unexpected to the 3 of us and we've described it the same roughly in same time frame,I was on a coach trip ,my cousin walking under trees in a park and my aunt was sat in armchair .we 3 said it was kike a pointed sharp object going down on our scalps and it made us shoot forward we've had it again at odd times and the spot we felt it to this day can feel tender.This time frame is about 8years ,we still don't know what caused or causes it and why us 3 in one family.would like to know like you ,Strange hey when I saw what you posted where do you live maybe connection to it area wise .will tell them both of you.
    • Posted

hey its nice to know theres some1 else simalar with the same thing the closest i could find to the symptoms was ice pick headaches but im not sure if thats the right,  i live in reading if thats any help
    • Posted

Hi again we tried to find what the 3 of us had and at random times since the initial stab on head.we still to at odd times get the area tender.but again don't know why strange we've said why we sill get that odd time scalp pain also .weve not suffered with headaches or migraines.only thing we've got in common is rhinitis or sinusitis.have you had either of these symptoms ?

I like you have only came up with ice pick some months ago,nothing else.

Strange thing to happen all 3 of us live within close range of each other in Dorset.was hoping others would have read your post.cant believe it's just the 4 of us,and why us 3 in same family.The pain of it was severe what ever it was ,another of life's mysteries. If you ever do get the answer love to know and likewise Alistair

• Posted

heyy again i saw that you put you hadn't suffered from headaches or migrains ive never had a headache or migrain in my life exept this weird thing, how old are you? and never heard of rhinits or sinuitis
    • Posted

Hiya weird hey all this.Rhinitis and sinusitis is a bit like really bad Hayfever that never stops .Cant say it's an allergy doing it don't know,it was just a fluke conversation between me and my aunt,then few weeks later my cousin mentioned her walk in the park  to me and this Awful sharp pain that stabbed side of her head and threw her forward I couldn't believe it then told her about me and my aunt  opposite side of cousins so not an aunt to her. My aunt in her 80s me and cousin in our 60s so your only 21 so it's not age related I wouldn't think so. Wonder who else has had this happen that we don't or might never know about Alistair  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.