Why do I get so ill and tired.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Happy New Year to all.

So I used to be able to go on bery little sleep and function perfectly. So at around the age of 32 or so, not going to bed early started making me sick. Yesterday I stayed late- 1 am, with the New Years Eve and all. This morning I feel like I am dying. My stomach is a mess and it hurts. I went to bAthroom 2 times. My head... hurts bad. My anxiety is bad too. I am ill and a mess. I used to dream of going places and doing things.... I realize it is not possible. My body won't allow mesad Why am I this way? Is it fixable?smile

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi notsure! I feel the exact same way this morning. I too stayed up late...3 a.m. due to non stop fireworks popping on my block. I think as we get older, we're not able to do the things we used to when we were younger. Also, years of running on very little sleep can catch up to you. The "change" isn't fun at all. I wish it were a little easier. Hang in there. Happy new year and God bless!

• Posted

I agree about years of not getting enough sleep is bad. I was thinking I must be getting old now but didn't expect such hard times at 35. Thank you for the support. Sharing helps so much.

• Posted

No problem. I see it as we're all in this together! Oh and I'm only 31 by the way 😕

• Posted

i was just sitting here thinking exact same thing. i always feel so sick sad

• Posted

Hugs to you Kim,

I hope you feel better soon. I managed to go to the store even but still feel totally offsad

• Posted

any late nites floor me now, i did like u last nite up till 1 am  - cant do that again, woke with banging head, dehydrated, stomach cramps and brain fog and low mood yes the anxiety too.  i dont drink alcohol so thats not it   .  go with it and be kind to yourself always................ lots of early nites
    • Posted

You are describing me. I also don't drink alcohol but the morning is baad. I will be going to bed early and try to catch up on naps too. I feel So pathetic that way, but it is what my body needs.

• Posted

Wow. It is just crazy how we have such similar experiences. Not nice at all. Iam sorry there is other people feeling like that. It is one of those thing you don't wish on anyone. I so hope it is temporary for all of us.

Hugs to all of u. We need to take our time and take care.

• Posted

I noticed once I got up, showered, had breakfast and some hot chamomile tea...I felt much better. Oh yeah and some advil! Hope everyone starts to feel better soon. That was definitely not how I wanted to start the new year! Oh well...
    • Posted

I say the same.... Oh well!

Camomile te is often my savior. 2 advils and breakfast helped me a bit too.

Hope all gets better soon.

• Posted

Hi your not on your own I can't stay up anymore if I have one late night it takes me days to get over it. I to stayed up until midnight last night and today I feel ill bad stomach pains indigestion and I'm tired. I've been going to bed early for years but since I started the menopause I'm just tired all the time I just can't get enough rest. At 8 o'clock I'm ready for bed it's ridiculous!!! 

• Posted

I'm the same way.. If I stay up past 10, I'm a mess the next day.  I defiantly need sleep and I certainly don't have the energy like I once did.   Getting ready for Christmas took so much out of me that I did lay around for days after.

• Posted

I know, right. Even my family is mocking me about getting sleepy around 8pm. They said I am acting like an old personsad I laughed but was a bit sad without showing it. It is not like I want to be that way. I get very nervous when I have to travel or pretend in front of family that I am young and energetic by staying up late or go on adventure, and I stay away from friends so they don't know. I wish my body was stronger.

• Posted

I wouldn't take any notice of what others think or say it's your body's way of saying it needs rest. Your just putting yourself under unnecessary pressure and adding to it, just try and relax. You could go to your doctor and ask him to do some tests maybe your anaemic?  I've been going to bed @ 9pm every night for maybe over 10 years. I have absolutely no desire to stay up later or go out to parties etc if we go out for a meal we go early and are home for around 8.30 - 9pm just in time for bed!!! Speak yo your doctor x

• Posted

ive not done a lot over the Christmas holidays and I'm shattered. After staying up New Years Eve, New Year's Day was a duvet day. I'm in bed every night at 9 sometimes I want to go earlier by that's just ridiculous next step will be tea in bed then lights out!!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.