Why do I have a cold when I wake up in the morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

Dose anyone know why my sinuses appear to be blocked, always blowing my noise and frog in the throat first thing in the morning and dose not start to clean until the afternoon?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi James

could be something that your sensitive in the room. sinus and Bronchiectasis usually go hand in hand. Maybe see your Dr for prescription nose spray. I am on Dymista which is on prescription and solves my problems.

Good luck hope it gets better.

• Posted

Hiya,

As your last reply stated ENT applies to BX so what I do is clean my nose everyday,I use BUDESONIDE vial and I mix that also using 1 packet of Neli Med and rinse my nose using it up both nostrils,you will see BIG DIFFERENCE THE FIRST USE.

Note by doing this will really help you from contracting colds / Flue / etc. I can't remember the last time I had a cold been doing this for years if any thing use the Neli Med or make your own with sea salt and note always use Boiled water with mixture let cool add the stuff and rinse.

Everyone with BX should take more time doing this if not everyday at least once a week.

Have Fun

• Posted

Heavens! budesonide must be freely available where you are. i just get enough for my twice daily neb treatments. Also, it's a bit of overkill. Me, i use my sinus meds and i have a battery-operated Neilmed sinus gizmo.

• Posted

James, it could be as simple as your pillow being 2 years old, or older, not washing sheets/blankets/comforters often enough. (Short winters here so i usually only do comforter once, then seal it up & stow it til the next winter. Must wash mattress pads at least every 6 wks.

Then there's the bed. Four years ago i ditched my mattress and switched to a 13 - 15" air mattress. i did it because the bed was about 14 yrs old & was bothering my back, and i didn't have money for a good replacement. Lo and behold, i began waking up with both nostrils clear every morning. That continues. The first air mattresses i used would last 3 months. The one i use now lasts a year or more, and they don't "grow" in width/length as much as the first ones. My problem is that they keep making the mattresses taller, for people who put them on the floor. if i put them on the floor, 20+y.o. carpeting will kill my sinuses, lol. Himself has died and i am old, so the question of whether air mattresses support 2 people having sex doesn't arise.

During the day i run an Airfree filtration machine in my bedroom & a bigger one in living/dining room. These babies are the best filters i've come across & much cheaper than Dyson. They burn up whatever's in the air -- dust, mites, mold, dander, etc., no filter to order and change or clean.

If you go outside much, you definitely need to use a sinus rinse in the evening. Ocean Mist is really only a light moisturizer. The Neilmed systems clean you out. Or you can be like me & wear an N-95 mask.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.