Why do I keep getting stabbing pains 3 week after surgery

Posted , 13 users are following.

I had surgery 3 weeks ago and it's been such a nightmare.

I was allergic to codine so ended up on tramadol for the first 2 weeks and had crutches and a post op shoe but after 2 weeks they took my crutches off me and told to get a trainer on but to swollen so have kept my special shoe on.

Can't move my big toe or the joint and today have started with a stabbing pain in arch of my foot and top of big toe and don't know why. Anyone else had this?

Not slept for 3 weeks as it's throbbing and burning 😥

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

are you still taking the tramadol? It tends to be good at fixing "nerve" type pain which is usually what the stabbing pain is

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble.

I'm 8 weeks post surgery from bunionectomy (mild bunion)only one screw inserted.

I was put in cam walker after surgery. I got out of that at 7 weeks. I wore it every day & it shifted my weight onto my heel so no pressure was put on ball of foot or incision. I was told to "heel walk" if not in walker,i.e.;sofa to bed or bathroom.

I only was released to start wearing shoes on March 22nd. My surgery was Feb.3rd.

I can wear a lace-up stretch athletic shoe. I still have alot of swelling. My toes were quite stiff but I have good range of motion now after doing flexion exercises.

You should see your surgeon ASAP.

Sounds like you were allowed to walk too soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.