Why do I keep getting yeast infections every month?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a yeast infection and got it treated with an anti-yeast vaginal cream which is sold over-the-counter in pharmacies. The infection disappeared after treatment, but it has reappeared after my period every month. This problem has lasted for several months now. I don't use any vaginal douche products. Is it possible that something is happening inside my body? And what should I do to get rid of it? Thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Here's my advice: see your general Practitioner or your OB/GYN and get an oral dose of fluconozole which is a pill you take once a week and usually one dose will get rid of the infection. Avoid taking baths instead take showers, and use soap without a lot of perfumes or additives. Wash your undergarments with hot water and/or add some white vinegar to the laundry (a cup or two). If you use a douche, use one with vinegar and water, vinegar is a natural solution to killing or limiting the growth of yeast. Avoid laundry detergents with too much perfume. If you use a douche, use one with vinegar and water, vinegar is a natural solution to killing or deterrent the growth of yeast. Finally, Take a daily probiotic from GNC or pick up Phillips Colon Health and take one every day, along with a container of Greek yogurt. This combination will help eliminate the yeast. There are other options, but these suggestions should help. Hope you get some relief.

• Posted

Thank you for the suggestions....I will try them. And I'm going to see my obgyn next morning. Hope I can get rid of a yeast infection forever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.