Why do I suffer from these severe stomach pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had gall bladder removed in July 2011 through key hole surgery.

Now years later I have constantly attacks of severe stomach pains, almost like food poising.

These attacks happen every some many months.

I eat healthy so I have no idea what causes these attacks I can't find out what causes it.

I had bad cramps every 20 mins or so and it is worse after I had eaten a meal.

My gp just tells me it is colic and take gripe water.

This has no effect on me whatsoever so I just have to suffer ...

Has anyone else suffer from these attacks? 

Anyone has any idea what is going on?

Pains are at top of my stomach and at bottom of stomach.

My stools are normally normal and find when these attacks happens they are very loose.

Thank you for reading this.

Regards

Tracey ;((

Sent from my iPad

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am wondering if when our gallbladders are removed it does affect our stomachs ability to digest foods as well as it can with a gall bladder.. 

I have just cut out gluten by fluke I followed a protein diet low carb and felt fantastic . So came off diet and then ate wheat and bloated , wind etc... So I've gone gluten free and feel good. Had pasta as an experiencement and felt awful bloating indigestion little pains. Then I googled does gallbladder removal cause gluten intolerance and discovered a lot of material about lactose intolerance and gluten intolerance after removal.. Might be worth cutting it out to see if it helps ..

• Posted

Hi Sally.

Thank you reply.. my gp did blood tests to see if i allergic to gluten or dairy.. it come negative.

I doing avoid bread and tried lactose free diet..still get the attacks.. it is so very to pin point what i cant have. Tried low fat diet i do my best in that respect.

Thank you i maybe should try different diets and see what happens. I do wish i could have pain free months..but guess its tryin. things and taking notes!

trace x

• Posted

Hope you find out what's triggering it. Maybe keep food diary. 

I don't produce as much acid as before so prone to constipation and struggle with harder to digest foods like beef. 

I guess it's not presuming everything is linked to gallbladder removal. 

Glad your doctor is on the case ... 

• Posted

Hi tess look up fodmap diet, once you get head around it it's ok. Sounds worse than what it is. Has improved my digestive system no end.
    • Posted

Hi Janet..

I will look it up..thank you worth a go.

biggrin

• Posted

I have doen the same thing Tes. I asked my doctor about these pains and awful bm's. he says i may have adhesions or fat on the liver. Well, I see him Nov. 3rd and i am demanding some answers or test. I want this stopped! I had my gallbladder out in 2004! Something has changed and I want to know exactly what it is and I will get answers! I will keep you posted.
    • Posted

Hi angela

gosh you have yr removal 2004! They don't tell you the issues you might face do they!.

good luck with finding answers and thank you so much for commented on here it really nice to know people can support each other.

take care x

• Posted

Hi Tes,

after I had my gallbladder out I had terrible stomach issues. Cramps so intense I would cry. The problem after gallbladder removal the enzymes that help break up UR food are no longer involved.

i stopped eating out. That was one big issue.. Then stayed away from fried foods and kept a diary of foods that caused issues.

i also,learned that yogurt add good bacteria to the stomach to help break up foods. It helped me a lot.

ur doc should be able to suggest to u a food diet u can try without all the painful stomach issues. He may help by RX stomach enzymes to help break up foods.

• Posted

Thanks for you helpful comments.

think I will keep a diary and will go back to my gp for a few more answers.

take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.