WHY DO I WAKE UP DAILY SO ANXIOUS !

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. I have always struggled with anxiety on a daily basis for over thirty years. So I can relate to most posts on here !What I struggle to understand is why after going to sleep feeling at peace and calm I always wake up with a knot of anguish between my ribs ?What can happen between falling asleep and waking up to cause it. It's there as soon as I wake up within a second or two ?Does anybody else get this ? How can you stop or reduce it ?Any advice would be appreciated x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Same here. I`m actually always looking forward to go to bed. I fall asleep within 10 min. max. once I get up in the morning I get right away extreme ligh sensitivity and my concnetration raplidly goes south.
    • Posted

Me too. I look forward to bed time and often head up early and watch tomb and drift off very easily and relaxed. I do wake at times in early hours but feel okay and go back off but as soon as its 6-30 onwards it's there full blown like smithing terrible has happened and it hasn't I have only been asleep. Driving me potty ! How do you get through it ? X
    • Posted

and my spelling too as you all can tell wink
    • Posted

Can you tell me more about your light sensitivity? You're the first I've heard who has this as well!
  • Posted

Hi, gill:  I have had that problem for many years, too.  I have figure some of it out.  Sleep is an escape from reality. When you wake up in the morning you have to face another very long day.  If you do not enjoy what you do all day it could be your brain telling you that you don't want to get up and face it.  I have gotten to a point, or a comfort zone, where my bed symbolizes safety to me.  I have three little dogs who sleep with me, so it is warm and fuzzy and not brutal like life usually is.  Try to wake up a little earlier than you have to so you won't be rushed, and do some leg exercises in your bed before you get up.  That helps to soothe the nerves and helps you wake up more relaxed and able to face the day.  Also, I take a beta blocker every day to help with my racing heart, which occurs mostly in the morning.  As the day goes on, and night time falls you feel more relaxed because the long day is almost over and you don't have as much stress on your mind. I hope this helps, sweetie....
  • Posted

I've read that when you awaken in the morning your cortisol level is higher and supposedly this causes it. I feel the same way.

Brian

• Posted

Hi Gill

I always get the morning anxiety!! I hate it 😢 Can go to sleep completely calm, as soon as 6-7am comes that's it sad xxx

• Posted

I'm the same way. I think it's because my mind is weakest in the morning because I haven't had time to stop being anxious. Anxiety sucks, but you're not alone. If you need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

I've learned that your brain does not shut down. Read about anxiety. I don't get that feeling in my ribs but I can wake up feeling like I'm totally drained and my body will just hurt. Since going on my medication it has gotten better. It takes time though. Worse before it got better. But your not alone. You need to think about what it is that is going on that may be making your anxious. I thought I had it all under control and it hit me out of the blue. Good luck. Keep me posted
    • Posted

Thanks everyone. It does all help to understand why it happens.I hate it so much ! How do you all manage it. Do you think just getting straight up and getting busy ?I am always less anxious the days I am working as I have to focus and get up and out. Days I am off well I know before I go to bed it will be tougher days. I lay their trying to figure out why I am this way and guess it just gets worse. My brain tells me find the problem and solve it you will be ok again. But I never have found the problem so I can't solve it and so I go in circles.What are you supposed to do ?? Do you say I haven't got a problem so stop looking ? That's so hard cos your anxiety symtoms tell you their is a problem ! So confused . Com.Living scared really sucks !! Grrrr
    • Posted

I took be a while, but i got over it for a few years by just doing what I love - spending time with friends, going out, and etc. I also forced myself out of my comfort zone a lot and turned to religion. 

What makes you feel less anxious?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.