Why do I wake up scared?

Posted , 10 users are following.

It seems every morning when I wake up I feel so scared like I can feel fear through my body, but I'm not scared of anything? Is this normal? Also my doctor says my suffering anxiety but how can they be sure it's not a brain tumour with an mri?

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, Charlotte:  This is very normal.  I wake up scared to "something" every morning...after a few hours or even minutes it goes away...Just try to ignore it and know it is just part of anxiety....
    • Posted

Yeah have good and bad days, but I suppose that's just anxiety, do you get any physical symptoms?
    • Posted

Yes, hun...I do get physical symptoms all the time.  I had to get on beta blockers because I heart beat went to to about 110 every morning..It was the kind you could feel in your neck and drives you kind of crazy.  Also, bowel problems, headaches, and nausea....All part of the anxiety...you just have to learn to ignore it, and YOU be the boss instead of letting it boss you...Hope this helps.....HUGS.
    • Posted

Thankyou!, my heart rate seems to be at around 120/130 all the time not sure if that's normal?
    • Posted

I wake up scared everymorning, Its not a way to start the day! Especially when I have to work. I am 54, div have wonderful family, friends and co-workers. NO REASON FOR THIS> I feel  mentally ill. I do suffer from depression but I am on meds for that. Effexor. I just want it to go away. 

• Posted

I have anxiety issues recently I’ve been

Haveing an afternoon snooze but I’m starting to avoid this as I get scared just befor i wake it’s so weird it does go away it like my hearts raceing and fear going out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.