Why do my balls hurt

Posted , 2 users are following.

I want a strait up answer what this could be. i am 20 years old and my testicles have been hurting for 7 months strait every day. i have gotten an ultrasound and its not cancer

i had varicocele surgery about 3 weeks ago ant the pains still there so its not that

every time i smoke weed the pain gets worse

every time i lay down they ache

they mostly hurt in the afternoon

the doctors havent done anything to help me so someone, PLEASE HELP ME

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're still getting problems Rory, although to be honest it's way too early to say if your varicocele surgery has been a success or not.

Like I said in one of your other threads, it's a painful piece of surgery and there's a lot going on down there. Give it some time to settle mate before you come to a conclusion.

Some replies to your questions -

Stop smoking weed if it makes the pain worse, you might think it'll relax you or whatever but smoking in general will slow down your bodies natural healing. Something to do with the oxygen in your blood if I remember.

I think it's common for any ball pain to get worse in the afternoon, I'm on my feet all day at a bench and I was the same. Gravity is sending the blood flow down there and it's quite probably finding a new way around your blood vessels now so causing pain and discomfort. Did you give the scrotal support a go?

Aching when you lay down might just be that they're aching already, you might just notice it more if you're trying to get to sleep?

I'm in the UK so our health service is a different set up to yours, I'm not sure what sort of access you have to different doctors? Over here if one isn't giving you answers (sadly they won't always be the ones you want) then I'd try another one. Some can be more sympathetic than others, or just not such a dick. lol. I'm very lucky to have the support of a couple of good doctors and my urologist is a good guy aswell. 

Sad to hear you might not be getting the support you're after Rory.

And it's very common to get a bit down after surgery, post surgery blues they call it over here. Being a bit p****d off and depressed is what I call it! Keep your mood up Rory and look forward to your problems hopefully resolving. It's very easy to feel crap if surgery doesn't go as you'd hoped, but try not to let it grind you down.

And unfortunately there's no straight answer to testicular pain (or most pain as it goes) we're all different and I'm realising that all these ops are done by a surgeon with a bit of trial and error. Not ideal if you want a one hit success.

I've had three ops and two sets of nerve block jabs to overcome my ball pain and my urologist told me yesterday it's likely I'll need another op if I can't put up with the pain (which I can't really) this time removing cysts (for the third time) and removing some of the nerves. Not looking forward to that one. My point of mentioning this is I was told each op could be the answer to fixing the pain, and it can with some people, sadly it wasn't me.

But it might be you when your op has settled down, this really can take many weeks mate. I hope it gets better for you.

Paul

• Posted

Hey thanks so much for your support paul, pain is still ongoing and im teying my hardest to keep posative, im thinking of giving up the cigarettes to see if that will help, completely stoped smoking weed. I havent given the scrotal support a go but i dont like the sound of it, both of my trsticles have returned to notmal size and it feels like im 100% recovered from the surgery but still having the same issues, i hope your going all well aswell and thanks again for your support

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.