Why do these even exist ???

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, as I lay in bed suffering from my 10th cyst in the past 8 years, I can't help but wonder...WHY DO THESE THINGS EVEN EXIST??? I get it, I have done enough research to know what the Bartholin Gland is, but why are they able to get clogged? Better yet, why are they able to dibilitate our lives??? This has been an ongoing problem since my early 20's. I'm now 29 and still asking myself, "why me?"

It sounds bad but, knowing that their are forums out there for this makes me feel just a tad better. Knowing I am not going through this alone gives me some sense of relief. Just not the relief I'm really looking for right now. Last week I had a terrible sinus infection. Toward the end of that, I started feeling a cyst forming. I couldn't believe it. Then I thought, well maybe since I was sick, my immune system was so low so the bacteria from the cyst was able to attack quickly. I manage a resturaunt, so NOT working really isn't an option for me. Bad enough I was out for 4 days with a sinus infection, but now this?!

So, I went to my OBGYN, who is awesome and has helped me greatly during all these terrible experiences and he said it wasn't bad enough to lance it. I begged him, please please please lance it. I had opening night of NHL hockey to go to that night, and a weekend full of work ahead. He said if he lanced it, it would come back since it wasn't ready yet. He put me on a antibiotic cream, a numbing cream and a steriod cream and said within two days he bet it would be gone.

WRONG!

I ended up having to leave the hockey game early that night and struggled all day at work today. It has gotten worse and more uncomfortable. My parents want to take me to the ER, but I have made that mistake before. The ER doesn't really know how to handle these bad boys. I rather leave it for my OBGYN. Anywho, I have been doing baths every hour, witch hazel inbetween, hot wash clothes, you name it, I have done it. No relief. Not only is it embarassing, but it is termoile and really makes me upset. The fact that there is no cause known as to why and when these happen makes me so mad. These things have to remorse for you or your life. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy. 

I am hoping that the pain has increased due to it getting ready to burst. I am craving that relief. I am begging for that relief. I have all my friends and family praying to the vagina gods for relief. I have a 12 hour shift a head of me tomorrow and if this thing doesn't budge, I dont know what I will do. Like I said early, it is reassuring to know that there are forums like this where we can vent about this unfair situation. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you are going through this. That's the issue unfortunately. So many, including women have no clue these glands even exist much less can cause so much suffering. Have you considered having it removed?
  • Posted

Hello! I recently had a bartholins cyst that was present for over a year. I had tried everything until I told my TCM/Acupuncurist about it. She treated various points on my body, didn't even have to look at the cyst, and it decreased in half after the 1st appt and was completely gone after the second. If I feel it coming on I just go see her for a follow up appointment. Its worth a try ladies!
  • Posted

So sorry to see the mares you've been having. I wish I had some advice but all I can say is that I'm really sorry for your discomfort. It does seem crazy that doctors have no idea what clogs up the duct. I'm due to see an ObGyn too, soon, but I know how likely it is to just come back.

Hope you get some relief really soon.

• Posted

You are not alone keep strong hope you are feeling better !How are u at the moment ? I was in great suffering too these same days .i was on a trip i expected for a long time and it was totally ruined. I still feel pain but i can make it through the day. It is my second time.

I have a question for u ..

Do you know if i can have painless sex sometime ? :D someday ? i mean is there any hope the pain will pass without surgery ( excition ) and maybe feel normal for some months ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.