why does all the drugs i take affect the way i look , my nails are terrible ,my skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

is lifeless, and because i have have insomnia, i look like a panda, will i always look like this if i stay on drugs,is so is there a way of not looking like a zombie,anyone else feel or should i say look like a zombie on drugs HELP PLEASE

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I’m the same because I’m still on medication cause I had gbs I’m still taking pills I have black bags under my eyes I also have insomnia but I’ve been pushing my self to get to bed earlier I finally found a cream for my face body feet at winners called A La Madison also my toe nails started turn really white thought it was a fungus cause I looked it up on google but they say could be due to pedicures but I have not had one since I had gbs . I went to my doctor he said it’s due to age I don’t think so . I’m only 56 I’m not that old . The cream been working for me has organ oil , Shea Butter, Cocanut Cream . Also waiting on Nero again I think I have Cidp I’ve gotten some tingles again hands still twitches here there and basically always sick with some thing my Amun terrible . But been while I have been getting Charlie horses back of my Caves Some time mostly in my left hand fingers . Can’t wait been 8 months my doctor told me keeps screwing up my stuff even medications . But try that it’s working got me excellent made my skin softer plus seems I have this thing my arm like scab it won’t go away  thinking I need antibiotic cream for it . Since I had gbs I don’t seem to heal fast odd . Also for my toes I came across health tip with my toes it’s vinager water and baking soda might stink bit I’m gonna try it . Also says to soak in your feet in that few weeks I hope it works . Feel like you hun living on the edge . My skin like that when I got sick but try it out . If I can get more information go to readers digest love it there’s always stuff on every heath issue really helps to read get site on this kind stuff . Hugs hope you feel better 

Carolyna

• Posted

Hi Caroline when i read what you wrote to me i had to give you a vote even before i got back to you, i was feeling really low and sorry for myself and you made my day thank you, the only thing i have to asked is your illness you say them by gbs, Cidp, , sorry hun i do not know what they are so i hope you get back to me and explain them so i can understand what you are going through, you see i do not only have this problem i have a lot more depression, anxiety, ibs, severe migraines, eating disorders, bdd, insomnia, ssounds like a tesco shopping list, hope this does not put you off keeping in touch with me, you see all these problems are linked, and they all started with a traumatic event in my life , and i did not tell any one and i went through life doing things that no one not friends or family or relationships understood why i did them ,it started when i was 9, and i am 54, now, do not get me wrong , i have had great times in my life but also bad, but it has taken now to get help, and i am, i have seen doctors, boy, lots of them, and on, different medications, tried , some good some bad, and now on monday i am seeing a counsellor, can not wait, been long time coming, i thank you so much for your advice but i could give you some too as i am a hairdresser and beautician , not saying you need it lol, but just a natural way if not we need the good stuff, cream and all, since i joined this forum i have been in touch with some wonderful people , some not but the people running it have got rid of them lol, but they have helped me a lot, and with all my experience through the years i have helped them , just look at my profile, and today i have meet  another lovely person, with great advice , thank you, hope you stay in touch , hugs to you too, and hope you feel better, ps i have a dodgy toe big toe too just put loceryl ,it gonna be a long jobrolleyes xxx
    • Posted

Hi Hun also I wake up few times at night insomnia also due to medication . I loved reading your blog as well . Oh cool hair dresser that’s so cool I wanted to be one I was not good st it  lol. So many my family worked at hospital got lucky I registered out patient s in emergency few years . Started out with copd broncula emphasemia god won’t do spell check lol. I’m 56 not to far from you I’ve been through lots with my daughter long Store . I do have great kids but my daughter also has issues lately put but stress on me . Gbs is Gillian Barrie syndrome it’s a nerology disease starts some inflammation I had bladder infection had blood in my urin for 4 months my doctor said it was clear after 4 months it was not . Also same time I had flue shot basically both combined I got gbs  what happens is your Amun system eats your nerves system for good two weeks I was deterating started losing every thing was eating away .One out hundred thousand people that can get it guess I got lottery ticket . That’s with smile  kept going in emergency same doctor every day said all in my had I was depressed had axiety kept telling him know in side me every one knows there own body I was not well . Basically I’d try walk up small hill felt like omg what’s wrong with me couldn’t barley move my legs so on started getting tingling in my feet hands , face every day it would get worse every day I’d call ambulance I was so sick I didn’t give hell I didn’t want to die . Same doctor over over at emergency started yelling at my half time I’d pass out was going in out the dumber lol sent me home again nothing would show in my blood work but I had bladder infection . Gave me pills depression axiety did I take them know . The first thing these doctors do they want to dope u up for know reason .On the 10 day was sad couldn’t move hardly my body throwing up my husband was scared my grandson 14 now and suppose to be friend came up stairs I begged them plz call ambulancec, ambulance came he asked what’s been going on guess what my hole body I past out guess they catches me I was in comma paralyzed from my face to my toes gave the rights to my older son to make decisions. He all them the doctor told them I might not make it still took another 10 days to do a spinal tab came out positive for Gillian Barrie syndrome . Was on life support for 2 months omg what a night mare I can’t even explain how I felt was so sad moments for me in and out in and out . All due to infection flue shot combined . Know mri or blood work would show any thing but how stupid the signs were there they should done a spinal tab asp they didn’t . Soon as they New I had the head up and the doctor apologizing to me yea you know why . Can’t say it hear basical had plasma to treat thevissue blood transfusion . Plazma hard to explain it reverses were it eats the Amun to nerves system . So basically ally took year hospital 5 months one till I was able trig out so on rehab 7 months still went home paralyzed Psw for 2/12 years . Then they took that away from me ccac and basically had to rehab my self at the gym by my self was so hard I was so depressed axiety had to put me on pills for both . I am walking but use walker I’m doing 70% better but can’t go long distance my dr says he doesn’t think I’ll go further then I am using wheel chair long distance but I push push to walk walk cause I’m determinator lol I’m strong willed I guess . But I am walking god bless god taking time every now again to hear me and others good people on forom like you hun . Basically I still have some issues my feet toes feel like sand paper still some numbness also but higher half my legs feet toes but when walk I don’t feel that basically when I sit fown lay down . This year been sick 14 times cause it’s amun deficiency so just this week been taking vitamins doing facials I’ll go by masks . I really need pedicure manicure I’m gonna treat my self this week end to that lol . Also cidp some times because I had the sever case there are other issues like what I was speaking about so basically I’m waiting on nerology to call me for this appointment hope they will know why still having issues . I’m so glad I read your story to really nice to see good hearted people like you others on forum . To bad you live far id take you for coffee. Trying quit lol also this year because they gave me full dose now for depression I gained weight I stopped the gym I got go back again week end I got diabetes runs my family but think the weight gain triggered it off . Yes medication can do lots to u I have same issue also my toe nails gonna try that tonight about soaking your feet scrubbing . See how it goes . That would be nice to keep in touch I’m not on every day lately lots of appointments got out the hospital phnamonia crushed lung I recovered now . My youngest son girl friend took my cottage 10 days so I can get stress relief and quietness but also glad I’m home now lol   Life me I was so active just got me like rock I understand many in here gone through roof times not easy but I realized don’t take life for granted life to special to throw away . Hugs hun let me know how it’s going with u plz keep in touch sorry my hands get numb a bit so I’m sorry for that have winderfyl day xxoo
    • Posted

Hi Caroline  I am so upset at the moment i wrote you a beautiful message on a private message it took me nearly an hour, and knowing i suffer migraines it took a lot to do, i just about to send it when my kitten jumped up on my lap and i hit the wrong button and lost it all, so i am letting you know, will do it again , hope you do not mind me sending you a private message, but i would like to do that from now on, as i class you as a friend, and would like to talk to you as one, god bless hun xxx
    • Posted

Hi Caroline sorry i have not sent you a private message because i am waiting to hear from you to say its ok , i do not want to take it for granted that is fine, and that you think i am a stalker lol, if you just want to keep it on here and get in touch when and where it is suited to you that is no problem, but if you want to carry on in the private message so we can open up more about our stories or just chat as if we were having a morning cofee i would love that , your insomnia friend jaybabes cool
    • Posted

We’re do I get private messages hmmm send me email will exchange our lives hahaha sorry trying to be funny guess it’s better then being sad every minute of the day email it will say hay Jays messaging you lol
    • Posted

Aww we’re do you get private messages on here? And know worries bad kitty lol kidding😂😂 every one is great here hun god bless you to I sent you my email not sure if that’s ok on here not , not sure . I jay wake up every hour by hour seen guess get so tired out from not getting good sleep that in morning I’m like out of it . Ask your dr there machine you can use at night I don’t have one but I’ve seen it not sure if it works ok not but just imagine hay hun got put my machine on so if I don’t breath right wake me up lol . Usually I’m serious emotional but I love to jk at times cause with feeling how I do seeing others suffer to it’s not easy but I love to help we all do in here amazing ppl some told me they had issues with others but I have not I must be liked😊

• Posted

Ok I found the private messages so you can message me there if you would like know worries hun I sent you my email now it’s 1 am so I’m off to try sleep hope you sleep better also 
  • Posted

Hay hun sorry was with family did you send me private message we’re? I don’t have not seen it I’ll go check my mail here is my email and my name is Carolyna sure love coffee my bad lol yea we can talk for sure it’s always good thing to have friends we’re all here to help and know issue just today since morning been having some chest pain it’s like when I had phnamonia my left side one the lungs crushed feels same if it’s not better by tomorrow morning or gets worse emergency I’ll go gosh it never ends dam lol . 

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.