Why does concentrated garlic make my stomach/digestion feel better?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've dealt with stomach problems for almost 7 years now, just last year i found out that taking a concentrated garlic supplement called Allimax, started relieving alot of stomach issues and symptoms i deal with, don't know if it's bringing down inflammation in my stomach or if its keeping a stomach bacteria at bay.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Garlic has anti inflammatory oroperties which can aid digestion and inhibit the growth of certain stomach bacteria such as h pylori.

• Posted

Very likely as has good antibacterial properties, especially if you take the allicillin. just be aware it does have anticoagulant properties. x

• Posted

Yes i was aware of the anticoagulant properties, i was just trying to boil down the variables of WHY it is helping my stomach, because i cant seem to find alot of research on garlic supplements and it helping the stomach, so i dont know exactly how its helping me.

• Posted

garlic is very strong, have you ever chewed raw garlic? one little piece of garlic makes me go to the bathroom if i eat it raw.

• Posted

You wouldn't ear it raw, however if you have a mouth ulcer or on of those white pimples on your tongue, dab raw garlic on it - it will hurt like f*ck but you will be rid quick.

Go to google scholar - then put in garlic and mrsa. Or head to Cochran Library and enter the same.

On a side note - I take garlic gel capsules every day - must have allicillin at as near to 2mgs as possible, and it will ward off cough and colds If you do get ill up to 10 capsules a time and you will feel better quicker..

hth

• Posted

I have terrible chest infections that last at least two months after coming back from holiday every year. Maybe I should be taking them too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.