Why does my Husband have random faints?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband and I have been together for nearly 4 years, and in that time, he has fainted 4 times. 

The first episode was when he was about to urinate, he got checked in A&E but said it was a simple faint and sent him home.

The Second episode was when he was at work, he was out cold until the paramedics arrived.

The third episode was when I was giving birth to our second daughter (although I know that’s not uncommon) unfortunately on this occasion he fell so heavily he fractured the back of his skull and was in hospital for a few days.

The fourth episode was this morning, he got up to urinate and after going, felt hot so went to splash his face with water. He felt faint and managed to get himself onto the floor before he fell down. 

Each time I have seen him immediately after fainting he is sweating profusely, slurring his words and is taking longer to come round each time. His HR this morning went down to 44bpm.

After his second episode, we decided to get it investigated. He was seen by a cardiologist and a neurologist. He’s had multiple tests done over the years like ECG’s, Bloods, MRI, CT, EEG, and a Tilt Table Test. All of which came back normal.  

Consultants couldn’t come to a conclusion as to why he faints, and said perhaps he’s just a fainter.

Surely there is a reason why he faints?

Does anyone else suffer with unexplained faints?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

if he has no known heart problems id say its vvs or similar dysfunction ,maybe tilt test didnt set symptoms of, id definatly bet autonomic dysfunction, at heart rate 44 and fainting spells id be pushing for a pacemaker personally 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.