Why does the room appear to be moving after you stand up quickly and dizzy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 30 weeks oregnant. Was sitting in a twisted way while helping my daughter with homework and jumped up to get the food off stove and visually everything was like walking on a bouncy house and i sat down on tje ground quickly. Was not totally spinning I thought vertigo but the ENT said no...stood up too fast with low no. So why tje visual dizziness?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds like Mal de Dembarqument syndrome ( Mdds in short ) Im exactly the same . Go look it up ,drs are only just started to look at it seriously . I've had it 7 yrs . Like your on a boat ,only time I don't feel this sensation is when Im driving ,it ceases . Mention Mdds to your Dr ,print it off a computer and give to you dr ,let them read it first hand . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.