Why don't I feel like myself?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I honestly and seriously feel like I'm not myself. I feel like someone else is in my body... if that makes any sense. I feel as if I'm dreaming but then again, not really. In other words, I just feel like I died and this is my after life.

Has anyone else felt like this? It's kind of hard to explain.

I don't know what to do sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yeah I know what your feeling. It is not easy, I suggest you seek advice from your doc. Good luck
  • Posted

Hi, Zeidy.

I am going through the exact same thing and it's been 7 days. I think mine is a withdrawal symptom from the medication I was on because I've never felt like this before. It's scary and irritating but the important thing is to remain calm and tell yourself it will go away in  it's own time. Be patient. Eat healthy. Drink water, lots of water. No caffiene. Exercise and most importantly MEDITATION. Look up meditation on youtube for anxiety. It really helps me stay calm when I feel like this.

• Posted

Hello. Not only do I not feel myself I am doing things that are out of character for me. I have a lot of negative persistent thoughts and can't control them. Things about my spirituality etc. Anyone else feel like this?
  • Posted

Yes I have experienced that sort of feeling.  You feel like most of life is a bit surreal.  I think that you must be very confused and depressed and suggest that you seek medical advice in relation to your mental health.  It usually passes when you have a good rest and I know it can take quite a time to shift that experience.  If you have difficulty with good social skills this could be the answer as your mind can step in to rescue you from what you may not realise are difficult situations.  I really hope this gives you hope. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.