Why don’t I feel like talking?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve recently had a 3 month extremely manic episode which was aggravated by a high caffeine intake. I was very talkative and had lots to say about various things that I can no longer even remember. I’ve been stable for around a month now. Only recently been discharged from hospital and since being discharged I’ve noticed that I don’t talk often. It’s not that I don’t feel the need to talk, but rather that I find I have nothing to say. My mind draws blanks and I just can’t make conversation with people. What’s wrong with me? I don’t feel depressed although I feel worn out most of the time and spend most of my time in bed watching tv shows and films. I feel like I’m withdrawn but not depressed. Am I depressed or is this normal? It doesn’t feel normal for me but like I said I don’t feel depressed. I had a down day yesterday but it was nothing severe. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just thought I’d add that in the frame of mind I’m in, I don’t feel ready to go back to work, the gym, or do even basic hygiene things. I force myself to wash and dress but that’s about all I do. This is my longest manic episode as they only usually last a month. 
  • Posted

That is exactly what I get. I go round people's houses and talk the hind legs off a donkey but the next day can't think of anything to say and feel extremely fatigued. I really don't know what this is as I'm only recently diagnosed so learning about it still but if I find out I will get back to you. Take care and keep fighting this 

• Posted

Wow I to get like this a sugar rush of excitement and excess thoughts then the only thing I muster up is talking via text because I just don't want to talk I have to push myself. Like I've worn it out. I'm also looking into this will keep updated. Stay safe all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.