Why has blood pressure increased so much in two years?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Male 29/209lbs/5’11I used two years as a loose number. Maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years ago my blood pressure at the Doctors office was 120/70 or in that region with a hr of maybe 55-65. Monday I went for an appointment and it was 160/101. I mentioned it to the doctor and he looked back at the past few times I’ve been in there recently in those two years maybe 4 or 5 times. They were all in the 130-150/80-90. I also recently had a stress echo that I didn’t feel was necessary for undiagnosed chest pain. That showed normal and the cardiologist didn’t mention anything about my blood pressure being of any worry during that appointment. When I test outside of doctors offices it’s always around 140-160 as well. My blood panel isn’t the best, but it better than it was in the last year. What could be the culprit. Could it be stress. I think I was on Prozac when I had the better reading. Would that have handled my stress enough to keep it down that much? Or could it be anxiety? I don’t have a lot of salt intake and I don’t drink caffeine. I eat fairly healthy. Nothing I’ve done should’ve changed it that much in such a short time I feel.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Stress absolutely can raise BP.

As can weight.

As can age, even 29 I guess.

But stress is the very definition of raising BP!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.