Why have I come to a standstill?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,  I could really do with some help!!  I have been taking Orlistat  for six weeks,  One before each meal with water, and I am following a reasonably low fat diet plus I am very active in my job  but I seem to have come to a standstill  after losing just 10lb, (I am 5'2" and I weighed 15 stone), if anything the tablets have made me constipated of late!!!!....now that's got to be a first! What should I do or  what have I been doing wrong,  thanks in advance biggrin X 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm going to follow you question as I am in exactly the same situation. I wouldn't give up. I have been on Orlistat around October and I find it really difficult to drop the weight. I am also on thyroxin which I think slows things down as well.
    • Posted

Yes! I'm on thyroxine 150mg a day for under active thyroid and I agree it may slow weight loss down!! 
  • Posted

I also would like to follow this discussion as i have been on orlistat but have stopped using them , i still have 3wks supply left but was not losing any weight, i have since found out i am going throught the change which can cause weight gain and that my thyroid level is slightly high but GP isnt prescribing me anything for it atm

I would like to try my orlistat again as i have heard some really good success stories on here

Fingers crossed you start losing soon

• Posted

Not sure this would make a difference...but I always take my Olistat DURING the meal or right after- might be worth a shot!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.