Why have I stopped losing.....help!!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

This is my 5th week of orlistat - has anyone else experienced not losing weight in the 4th & 5th week? I have followed the low fat diet and not had any nasty accidents and always kept under 30g fat per day. My weight loss so far has been wk 1 (7lb loss) wk 2 (3lb loss) wk3 (1lb loss) wk 4 & wk 5 (No loss) total weight loss 11lb but is now slowing up.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yes think most of us have, I used to have each weeks weight loss on my signature which included the weeks I didn't loss but signature got to long to show people that you will get weeks like that. If it carries on my nurse suggested a slight change in the diet or slight increase in exercise or don't take the tablets for 2 days but stick to the diet
  • Posted

Thanks so much for your reply - I realise that this tablet is not a miracle weight loss cure and it is a total change in lifestyle. I feel I am already making progress as I have kicked the habbit of snacking and grazing throughout the day. I have been only eating a strict 3 meals a day and making sure I'm not eaitng too late although this is the time I definately find the hardest.

I am 38 and started the tablets at 20st so its really now or never i'm now 19.3 and feeling so much better already. I used to think I was an emotional eater but since going on the tablets I've been made redundant and I haven't let it get to me, instead because i'm doing something about my weight I feel more optimistic about the future.

I'd be happy to share my weight loss journey with anyone as I know it helps to keep things on track!

Congratulations on your weight loss xxx

• Posted

Hi Tj72pink

Welcome to the forum

Well Done on your weight loss so far smile

You have a great attitude which will really help you on this journey.

Have you tried eating a small apple and drinking green tea after your main meals. Try eating different things.

My weight loss has slowed down so my nurse has recommended I lower my calory intake and/or up my exercise.

I find logging on here does help.

Good luck on your journey smile

• Posted

Hi Trying Hard,

Thanks for your comments - I have been on many diets over the years Weight Watchers, Cambridge, Herbalife etc with the Cambridge diet being the most successful a few years ago losing a total of 7 stone in 7 months however I strongly advise against this diet as I ended up in hospital 3 times before my doctor advised me to stop before I done permenant damage.

What have I learnt after a lot of wasted years and many diets is that the only way I will lose weight for once and for all is by changing my lifestyle and my eating habbits and not giving up after 6 weeks or so coz the scales are not moving - there is no quick fix, if there were then i'm sure it would be plastered all over the news and someone would be mega rich.......lol I'm in this to lose wight and lose weight I WILL!

I will definately try the apple after dinner and try the green tea, although I'm a coffee drinker (Sorry ex coffee drinker)

My first weigh in is on friday as my Doctor has been holiday so I'm eager to see if our scales are the same - i'll be gutted if I've lost less than the 11lb I think I have.

One thing I have noiticed is that there is not real support group for Orlistat (thank good for this forum) Local support groups would be a great assest to enable people to meet up and swap experiences with one another (AT NO COST)

To anyone thinking of going on orlistat - I totally recommend it, if you do the diet correctly then you will not experience any nasty side effects.

XXXXX

• Posted

like your idea of a local group that could meet up and chat, as you say you have been made redundant is it something you could possibly set up yourself ? maybe ask the Dr if he could ask other people on the tablet if they would like a support group and if so could he pass your details onto them. may also open you up to work opportunities meeting new people.

I agree whole totally about your comments on weight loss it is a life style thing and not a fad diet, which has only been confirmed to me recently when I heard about someone who had done the Cambridge diet to lose lots of weight for a tummy tuck at her own cost and now has now had a gastric band fitting so all that money and effort on Cambridge diet and tummy tuck did not teach her a healthy eating plan to stay at a reasonable weight.

You certainly sound as if this time you will crack it and keep with it, you go girl :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.