Why heel pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have had THR my left on march 27 now I'm having intense pain in heel an foot. Anyone had this problem your forum has helped me so much I decided to join

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Wylen,

I found the TED socks made my heels hurt more from the pressure of sleeping on my back so I cut them off at the ankle ( socks not the feet )! That improved things for me but I add the caveat of speaking to your Dr first.

Regards,

Basil.

• Posted

Hi Wylena

I too had bad heel pain within days of op due to sleeping on my back but found it eased if I put pillow or towel under heels at nighttime as long as not elevated too much seem to do the trick.  Hope you get on ok

• Posted

Good morning, I had RTHR 9/13/17 LTHR 12/6/17 Anterior Approach. For some reason my feet hurt when I first get up in the morning and walk. I keep forgetting to ask my surgeon if this is normal. I am seeing him in a week. I will let you know. In the meantime has anyone else experienced this?
  • Posted

Hi

I had LTHR ON 29th March and I have the same problem only at night in bed.

My consultant said I can leave the surgical stockings of at night and i slightly elevate my feet on a pillow and stick my feet out the covers at the bottom of the bed and this leaves me pain free. Hope this helps and your recovery is going well.

• Posted

I was exactly the same , sleeping on my back and the pressure stockings too .

I had my feet hanging over the end of the bed... so moved my pillows down the bed , that stopped it .

• Posted

Me to. I wake up with my heels hurting many nights. Have switched to normal sock, and bare feet and still the pain. Not sure what causes it but I guess I'm stuck with it until I am comfortably sleeping on my side again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.