Why I started on citalopram...?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not sure if it was caused from my job because I did work a 12 hr shift , 84 hr sometimes over time. I didn't bother taking a holiday because I thought I was super woman plus I lost my sis back in Feb of 2016 n my job two wks after due to lay offs..since than I was put on citalopram in April..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How are you feeling?
    • Posted

Took more than 4 wks for medication to kick in , I feel tired but thinking alot less now, suppressed . sometimes I feel thoughts of suicide but the feeling goes away eventually. I hate the groggy feeling though
    • Posted

How were you feeling before you started the medication? Were you suffering from panic and anxiety as well as suicidal thoughts?
    • Posted

Very bad anxiety , felt sick.kept crying n sleeping most of the time, suicidal thoughts everyday. But all that is gone now, I don't think as much anymore but there are days I do hve my Debbie downers lol citalopram works for me. I'd recommend it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.