Why is my daughter losing her hair

Posted , 3 users are following.

My daughter is in her early fifties . She has lost about 40% of her long hair .

She was diagnosed with osteoporosis five years ago

Since the age of 14 she has been a vegetarian and will go vegan at times.

I cannot help but think being a vegetarian is the cause of this. There's an old saying - you are what you put or don't put in your mouth if you get my drift.

Otherwise she is very health conscious and supplements her diet with quality vitamins A C E D K2 . She uses only accentual oils on herself and does not use house hold chemicals

She has sought help from her GP and nutritionalist whom up until now have not been unable to help her!!!

Can someone advise please?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

im sorry to hear this as your daughter has alopecia there is 3 types baldness thinning and patches i have the patches iv.e had it since i was 26 after getting chicken pox again it some times grows back which your daughters might i put it down to a lot of stress and illness i am now 55 and my hair has never been the same it grows falls out iv,e tryed all sorts of stuff for my hair nothing really works just have to be patient and hopefully it will grow back

• Posted

Thank you tt I think you may be right.

My daughter does have a lot of stress in her life as we all do these days.

She has recently been diagnosed with the heavy metal Thallium in her urine .. no one knows why.

I do know thallium is in oil /petrol etc which means everyone could have it.

Thank you so much for your help.

• Posted

she needs to see a tricoligist to see if the hair folical is the problem !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.