Why is my Orlistat not working?!?

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had my suspicions that my Orlistat was not working, so i put it to the test and ate the following yesterday (a pill with each meal)

Avocado on white bread

Regular doner kebab

Shared regular chips

2 squares of dark chocolate

A regular milkshake from shakeaway with loads of chocolate bars blitzed up in it.

i purposely over indulged and had high fat meals, but have experienced absolutely no effects what so ever....

has anyone else had this issue?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been using it for?? Sometimes i find that the effects don't come until a day or two after. I'd honestly be very shocked if you don't get major side effects after all that. Give it a few days though. Stock up on the bleach and be sure to wear a large sanitary towel if you plan on being out of the house! Lol. Good luck. xx

• Posted

Your message made me laugh so much!!!

To be honest I was worried that I would blow up like a volcano, but nothing as of yet. I will stockpile the bleach and sanitary pads and lock myself away from the world for a bit just in case 😃

You may be right, I havent been taking it for very long at all this time, but have taken them before they were rebranded as was very sensitive to it. I only had to look at something with a gram of fat in it and was running to the loo !

How long have you been taking it? How are you getting on? xx

• Posted

Haha! Glad I was able to give you a laugh at least! Lol. Sometimes i find that days go by and I don't do a number 2 and them BAM. Orange mess. I'm always caught off guard so I've actually resorted to wearing a pad every day, just incase. Lol.

I've been taking them for around 6 months and have lost 18lbs. But I'm very afraid to stop taking them now though which isn't good.

Let me know if you have any "joy" with them. Haha! Good luck on your journey! xx

• Posted

Hi I hope you do not mind my messaging you. I am about to start Alli. I have spent all day trying to figure out how to stay within my 1400 cals that is the recommended cals for me yet to try to eat 15g fat or thereabouts with each meal. I eat quorn and eggs a lot and tuna but am struggling to calculate how and what I can eat without the calories jumping up the scale. Any pointers would be really appreciated. Many thanks.

• Posted

I can see you eat alot of fats, most of the time, you will not see effects straight away, but over time. Eating fatty foods one day a week will not do much damage, but if you keep doing it, it becomes a huge problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.