Why is she doing this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

can someone help please? i may be on the wrong forum and if i am then i apologize for it! 40 years. it's been 40 long years, i move city as a child to Leicester, start school and meet what was then a good friend. i feel dumbfounded by what this friend has done, after a break down she hasn't been kind at all! can i find a) do breakdowns affect you so badly they cause you to become rude and b) how do i forget about her? she knows everything about me and made snide remarks about my dad yesterday who died early hours of Easter morning 9;years ago and before you say anything no time doesn't heal, it just makes us miss him more (our family). is she a true friend if she makes nasty comments about my dad that hurt me? I thought that was not the case! i have cried most of last night! she has almost everything she wants 3 kids (i have none through rape then really ill health), a home and her dad. the material things don't bother me but hurting me about my dad does. i want to hit her! i am just so sad and so upset.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

no she doesn’t sound like a good friend if she’s making bad comments about your dad. she lacks empathy.

And just because she has what she wants does not mean she is happy on the inside. She can’t possibly be happy because nobody who is truly happy would make comments like that.

I would say that if it were me, I would MoveOn without her. Something isn’t right. Especially if it’s making you feel miserable.

you don’t need friends like that. Friends should build each other up and have understanding and empathy.

the Best thing you can do is let it go in your mind. Because when we hang onto anger and bitterness, we are giving up our own power to that person. People that make us feel badly don’t really care and they just keep going on...... but we are left with that feeling of anger ....... and in that way, they control us! So, let it all go. And look for some friends who are truly friends!

• Posted

hi jan, you said the same sort of thing as one of my other friends. i just can't believe after this many years she'd be so rude! i can cope with most things but insults about my dad? no, no way. i feel like hitting her. i have IBS symptoms right now because of this! thanks i will be considering what to do next...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.