Why is the place under my shoulder (front, upper armpit) hurting?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am new here, I don't know how to work but I really need help because I am freaking out. I have a curve spine (the curve is towards my right arm) and a bulge on my right back. I am currently 17 years old and decided to work out so the bulge will go back in or to help my spine be straight again. When ever I walk, my shoulders are inward and it looks like I'm sulking. So i decided to walk with my back straight always and sleep on my left side so it would help my spine (a yoga teacher told me). So I did. One day later (after I did the exercise of staying in a straight position), the place under my front shoulder and on my upper armpit starts to hurt. I think the pain is at my shoulder capsule place, but i am not sure. The pain is not consistent but it happens from time to time.

I search on google and they say its breast cancer? I am really scared. Did I tear my bones? Or do I have breast cancer? Or is it from the exercises that I did? Can someone help me?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm guessing you have seen a Dr. If not, you should. there are orthopedists who specialize in scoliosis. Also, if you see a Physical Therapist, they can guide you in exercises that will help to balance out the imbalance in your musculature. It is good to see what is the cause of the curve. sometimes it is idiopathic (without a known cause) and sometimes it is because you have a leg length difference or your pelvis is torsioned or upslipped. A PT can help to determine that as well as x rays of your leg bones to see if there is a true leg length difference. When you work out in the gym, you are probably working your body as though it is equal and balanced, which it isn't, so something is going to be overstretched and something will be overworked, causing pain. No one can tell you you have cancer based on pain afer a workout. that's irresponsible. From the sound of it, you are having musculoskeletal pain as a result of an incorrect workout. Do yourself a favor and get some professional guidance. You are young and it will last a lifetime and probably help the scoliosis from progressing or becoming disabling. Wish you the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.