Why it is a little bluish in the edges of my glans?

Posted , 5 users are following.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This is related to the amount of blood flow that is naturally present within your penis. Some men have the entire head of the penis that is blue - this level of blue being visible can change a great deal throughout life, as long as you have the normal feelings and sensitivity there is no problem.

Should you ever feel numbness in the head of the penis that would be the time to get it checked by a Medical professional - but I would say this is most unlikely to happen to you.

• Posted

I have been trying autocircumcision for few days. Is it ok to try to reduce sensitivity and last longer during masturbating or sex?

• Posted

Can you detail what you do for autocircumcision ?

I would say that to try and bring about less sensitivity in the head of the penis would take quite an extended period of months, to, potentially achieve. I say this because no matter what you do you are still going to have a similar, or exact same level of feeling, no matter what you do.

What I am aware of, is that for those who are uncircumcised they can 'wear' the foreskin so that it is fully retracted most of the time and as a result the head of the penis is exposed all the time and therefore is in contact with underwear during the time the skin on the head of the penis is exposed. If you can achieve this level of exposure of the head in practical terms then you may eventually get different sensations during sex or masturbation, but how long this would take to achieve is a complete unknown ........

• Posted

At first I felt very uncomfortable exposing my glans but now I am getting a little bit comfortable. I mean that now I can rub the exposed glans in the clothes and it feels less than before

• Posted

I have done this many times before and it does reduce the sensitivity in the glans, and in my case also stopped me from getting so many balanitis flare ups. it is easier if you have a large ridged glans and a short foreskin though.

• Posted

You still do not specify what you mean by autocircumcision ?

• Posted

In my opinion, it means retracting foreskin as far as it could go for the longest time till you feel comfortable so that the glans gets contact with the clothes which reduces sensitivity.

• Posted

Okay, understand - i did this practice for quite sometime as it simply felt much more comfortable to 'wear' my foreskin fully retracted and have the head of my penis fully exposed during the day.

At the time there was an online forum for men to share their ideas on this - the forum was called something like Foreskin Retraction .....

• Edited

hey man did you ever get this fixed or found out what it is?

• Edited

i didn't go to the doctor but everybody said its totally fine if you have this just be positive.

• Posted

I have the same problem. I guess I have this because I have had tight foreskin for a long time, a few years ago paraphimosis happened to me after I had sex and fell asleep with retracted foreskin. When I woke up I saw swollen foreskin and I was so scared, at that moment I didn't know what it was and when I googled it the worst cases showed up (surgery required immediately etc.) and all that happened while I was working abroad so imagine how anxious that experience was. Luckily my swelling was gone in a day or two and after that by masturbating my foreskin loosened up with time, so now I can retract it even in erection without pain. I didn't go to the doctor yet cuz first I want to see if I can have sex without any discomfort, my glans is a bit sensitive, not sure should I train keeping it retracted. So, I heard that circumcision may help with balanitis problem that we have, but I'm not really sure about that and kinda don't want do it. On the other hand I'm a bit worried about that lump that is on upper part of the shaft shown in the picturesimage imageand a bit watery semen (not sure if this two are connected with balanitis or maybe I'm overreacting and masturbating a lot lately xd). Anyways, has anyone tried diflucan, cotrimazole or organic lavender oil as I read on this forum some of the people cured themselves with it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.