why me

Posted , 3 users are following.

:cry: what have we done to get this lt feel's like this is a punishment of some sort the itch from hell I have it both in the vigina and anus I really don't know which one is worse I put off going to get it checked out at the doctors for months but when I did go (Male gp) did not look and ended up with a prescription for premarion which is for the menopause my syptoms then was an itch and tear in the vigina skin. Then I started getting what I thought was piles or anal skin tags no help with pile treatment months of pain every time I went to the toilet last month 2 years later went again saw a female gp who looked and knew straight away what my problem was she gave me a prescription for fucibet cream (antibiotic steriod) relief the itch started to stop I also received an appointment to see a consultant between me and my gp we decided to go with the gynae consultant although dermatology would have been as good within 3 weeks have seen consultant awaiting prescription for dermovate once the letter is sent to gp's surgery I hope this will be of use but after reading some of the experience others have had not sure if I will want to use as I do have a lot of allergys to medication and dont need more itch scratch problems More on the fucibet give it a go but it is short term use only 2 weeks twice a day but I have enjoyed three weeks itch free first time in years but of course we all know this wont last as their is no cure from lichen sclerosus the other thing that I feel has helped I bought from Boots pharmacy preparation H wipes to help with the anal itch well the (skin tag /piles) part of LSs have gone I was using the fucibet cream on that area but these wipes are something I will continue to use to stop the anal itch :lol:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I have just finished 12 weeks of dermovate and found that paladin was really helpful and soothing, I got this from ebay and although expensive is well worth it and both did work until recently! I know how you feel, I got my results at the end on Nov.
  • Posted

smile Hi CLM thanks for your reply seems to me we all have the same feelings about this LS and the same problems about living our lives with it thanks for the advice about paladin cream I will try to get some from ebay. I have booked another appointment with my gp to finds out what else is available on nhs prescriptions to help keep the dreaded itch away because its when I start to itch in those area I then get the splits in my skin and the LS take's over my life again. I have spoken to a nurse at the surgery and it is amazing how little is know by medical people about this LS so it is very good that we have this website to talk and exchange ideas to help one another.I hope you are in control at the moment as for me my itching is about to flare up I can feel it we all know the signs dont we any way take care maradx :cry:
  • Posted

hi both...I sympathise with you marad and I feel as though the world is against me at the moment....I have not long been married and I have not had a normal sex life as such since the start!!! even had thought of saying no...forget it...when I was diagnosed...I firstly used a steroid for 10 weeks and then 2 times a week and have been using paladin too (my doc said absolutely fine, but still use the steroid to curb the lichen growth)after reading about it on here and a friend got it for me from **** ...It is expensive but well well worth it. My surface skin is not raw and my itches and paper type slits have gone... If only they would help us more to find a cure...Its the feeling of being on a very long haul... God bless and good luck.. j.xx

[color=red:510691f739][size=9:510691f739][b:510691f739][i:510691f739](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, a postal address and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.) [/i:510691f739][/b:510691f739][/size:510691f739][/color:510691f739]

• Posted

I was on the road to feeling better but I got a lil too close with my husband one evening and what a mistake it was as I have totally split from my vagina to back passage. He is very understanding but that doesn't help the way I feel. I am using dermovate day and night and paladin throughout the day....it did curb that awful itch and bring the cuts and imflammation to bay. I was due back at the hospital this week but never made it with the snow so will be making another appointment. You'd think more research would be done. I'm not sure is stress is a factor but I suffered 3 miscarriages, lost my dad suddenly and had other minor problems but who's to say if stress caused my problems. I had a thyroid test that came back normal but I was kind of hoping it wouldn't and then the medication for it would cure my ls...no such luck. We have bought loads of jars of paladin from **** usa and I swear by the stuff....even curing my Mum's severe eczema after years of trouble!

[color=blue:af950bc2ca][size=9:af950bc2ca][b:af950bc2ca][i:af950bc2ca](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, a postal address and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.) [/i:af950bc2ca][/b:af950bc2ca][/size:af950bc2ca][/color:af950bc2ca]

Hope we are all soon back under control with our ls ladies xx

• Posted

:lol: Hi to you both bit stupid did reply to you but did as total new entry on why me having a think moment wont bore you again but look further up page :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.