Why mucus and blood.

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is getting me down. Couple of months now. Not always blood and mucus but always quite loose. Thought last weekend I could see end to all of this....now it's come back !!! I didn't finish the co Amoxillin. Such bad side effects. Am taking hemp oil now and have since Jan. Taking probiotics don't think there doing anything. Bad lower back ache. But I do have a muscular prob there anyway. But this is none stop ache and front of leg. Go to toilet 6 times day . Am started to drink plenty of water as I know I wasn't! I think I eat sensible. Never felt so alone about this.feel so depressed. It's ruling my life !!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You must return to your Dr and obtain a different antibiotic. Metronidaxole seemed to work for me but every body is different.
  • Posted

Hey Gloria - have you had a diagnosis? 
    • Posted

Hi James. Yes diagnosed with diverti. 18 months ago. 3 rd flare up and this one seems to gone on longer ! Meds are awful.today i have asked for

Stool to be tested of C Diff ? Just not feeling RIGHT. Thanks.

• Posted

Hi,

I do feel for you as I suffer the same. I was diagnosed about 3-4 years ago and have several bouts ( about 4 - 5 per year)where antibiotics were prescibed and they do make you feel worse before you feel better. Unfortunately, the trips to the loo have never got better and they do affect my life terribly especially when I am out and about and the need arises as quite often I dont make it to the bathroom!!. I have just had a terrible week where the blood/mucus and loo visits were bad but Ive avoided the doctor and more meds . I feel grotty , depressed and downright fed up with this however I have come to accept I have this problem and do try as much as possible to get on with life. It did mean an end to my career and great financial loss to my family and you do have to plan better but believe you me you do get on with it . Another thing I find hard is not feeling I can discuss with family .Sorry not able to give better outcome for you but I hope life gets easier for you.   Take care xx

• Posted

Hi Caroline Thank you for info. I have asked Dr to test stools. As this forum suggested.. going away for 3 days with partner and doggie. But not looking forward as I should. I'm now making sure there is a nearby toilet!! But thanks for your input. x

• Posted

Keep the faith Gloria - the trick seems to be getting to know your body well enough that you can keep it within some reasonable operating behaviour. The forum is great as its a great source of ideas to try, but peoples experiences can be pretty different and you have to find what works for you. Like you, I share back ache for example, but unlike you my main danger is stools getting too hard rather than too soft - if I get constipated then bleeding can result which is always bad for moral! You can get it under control though - for the 8 month prior to June last year I had about 6 attacks, one which hospitalised me, however since then I've been attack free...sadly though it is rare to be completely pain free +positions which compress the stomach hurt, so while it isn't perfect, but it is tractable. 

Keep your moral up, experiment with your diet and write a diary on the effects, gradually isolate the foods which work for you and those that dont. Generally stuff with insoluble fibre (e.g. apple skins etc) is a bad idea and there is loads of dietary advise on this site. I'm lucky in that it appears as though I can eat pretty much everything just provided I dont over eat or become constipated - hence drinking pretty of fluids is an absolute must. 

Good luck - you are not alone - its a really tedious condition but you can get it under control if you put your mind to it!

Best 

James

• Posted

Thanks so much James. It does help to speak to another that understands this horrible DD . X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.