Why my knee keep popping every movement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I'm Roya I had a slip and fall back in December 2017 broke my ankle had surgery January 4 I'm currently in the boot which is very supportive but my knee pops every movement I make I got an X-ray back in December on my entire right side I fractured some ribs but they said my knee was swollen but not fractured so my question is why my knee pops could the doctor have missed something on the X-ray or is part of my ankle injury

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Royal

I had the same symptoms prior to my fall. As I walked, my knees felt like my joints were twisted out of socket.I was diagnosed with Arthritis/ Spurs on my knees. One day, my doctor told me that I would need surgery. He recommended 10 years ago not to have surgery, currently I am 45 years old. I am definitely not looking forward to surgery. Feel better.

• Posted

Hi Roya !

My knee is also popping. I believe it's because the boot is heavy and my knee is hanging in an awkward position,  because I am NWB. Hope this helps. 

• Posted

roya23311--i wonder if you stretched a tendon or ligament during your fall. It seems likely that it is from the swelling but it could be stretched connective tissue that allow the knee to pop. I get that popping after 10 years post surgery but it is likely due to scar tissue, which isn't likely what your problem is. If it continues I would ask about an MRI

Trish67439

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.