Why My Pee Doesn't Turn Yellow?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I just wanna know your insights about taking multivitamins. As far as I know and also what happened to me a long time ago that whenever I take vitamins my pee becomes bright yellow more likely a neon color. I know that it's normal to have that kind of pee after taking multivitamins. Because of excess vitamins that our body doesnt need. I stopped taking mult for a long time like a year or so. Then I started to take again because of so many things Im feeling lately, it seems like my immune system is getting low. So I decided to take multivitamins again. But what bothers me is my pee is not changing it's color anymore. Im not fond of drinking a lot of water. I only drink when I get thirst. Im afraid that my body is not taking/processing the vitamins anymore. For the info, I tried to take enervon and after one week I changed it to Propan with Iron because of that reason explained above. Moreover, I dont have any vices like drinking alcohol, cigarettes but Im my work is aways nightshift. Pls enlighten me about this kind of situation.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Arthur,

Its Riboflavin, also known as vitamin B2, which changes the pee color to Neon/Yellow.

Now, I am also taking multivitamin from past 3 weeks and don't see any change into my pee, even though it used to happen earlier.

Could be because of below reasons.

1. I am taking A to Z ( multivitamin), something which I am using first time which doesn't have B2 in high quantity. May be with few brands this yellow pee issue is less.

2. I am taking multivitamin (along with other supplements) because I am Vitamin D and B 12 deficient, and could be my body is absorbing more vitamins now hence less outflow ( just a guess)

Just few guesstimates, hope that helps.

• Posted

Hi Thankyou for this information. This gives me clarification of what bothers me. Im still taking my mults. Thank you again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.