Why not?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

After months of deliberation, I have decided to try Orlistat. Was going to do it the Boots way but having to pay £125.00 for the pleasure of a three month course seemed at little wrong, seeing as I could try it on the NHS.

So went to the GP, 12 days ago, had some blood tests to rule out my inability to lose weight due to either diabetes or thyroid. Anyhow went to GP this morning blood was fine so has given me 1 months of orlistat to try.

Took my first blue at lunch, no funny effects as yet!!

Im hoping this will work for me as after 4/5 months of going it alone with not much weight loss I was starting to feel very peeved!!!

Anyhow, lets see how I get on.

Look forward to chatting to you all, you seem so nice.

Take Care x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi lukee, good luck with your weight loss hope the blueys work for you.i know wot it is like to be alone and trying lose weight but theres a great network of support on here.good luckx
  • Posted

thanks Dawn, nice to know theres others in the same boat!!!

I do hope this helps me though, 3 years ago I lost 40lbs with Weight Watchers then became pregnant so the 6 months of hard work went up the spout, even though I was given a beautiful baby in return!!!

This time round seems so much harder though.

• Posted

hi lukee, it is hard and it can make u feel like not bothering sometimes esp if u get side effects but keep going and hopefully you will start see results it took while for them to work on me but slowly i lost inches and half a stone.just be careful with ur fat thats wot brings on the dreaded side effects that lots of us have experienced lol.i was a ten till i had my son and after that just got bigger then had another son and i just cudnt get the weight off.so i know how u feel.ive battled weight problems all my life.Youll always have support on here ive been given lots of it....coz at end of the day we are all in same boat. best wishes dawnxx
  • Posted

Hi and welcome... smile

Seems the older u get....the harder it is to lose the extra weight. I could do it no problem in my 20`s.....30`s....got harder....40`s....I NEED A MIRACLE AND CHICKEN WIRE FOR MY JAWS.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.