Why not a Cold Pack

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have seen user's of Hot Packs ,hot water bottles, heating pads, etc but not any Ice Pack user's that I can recall. I use both and one seems to be as good as the other,,,,,,,,,,any thought's or recommendations on which?

dick

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Personally for me I would use hot water bottles. Not that I've had to do that with my TN but I have with bad bouts of ear aches, as this would draw out the pain and would always work for me. I couldn't see an ice pack being of any use other than numbing the area maybe.

Gloriana

• Posted

hi!in all the time I've ad TNtype2 I've only ever tried heat pads & boiling hot water bottles,ice seems 2 make the pain much more intense in my case em x
  • Posted

I was always lead to believe that cold packs were for bones and hot packs were for soft tissue however when my flare up was bad if I went outside it the cold it would been painful so had to wrap scarf round my face, the thought of cold on my face with TN makes me wince

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.