WHY such ANXIETY ???

Posted , 2 users are following.

It's awful. I am about 2 & 1/2 yrs postmeno and this anxiety is just plain nuts.

I actually worry when there's nothing to worry about. Or my mind always finds SOMETHING, because it has to. Otherwise I just feel anxious for no reason so my mind has to match the feeling. It's like threatening anxiety too, like with a sense of doom.

And the weird adrenaline running thru me, this can't all be lack of hormones - can it?

I went to just lay down on my bed after a b-day party here, I was proud of myself for sticking with it and participating the whole time.

Instead of feeling relaxed, all I felt was nervous energy just pulsing through my arms and legs. I wanted to just jump out of my body and land in someone elses, someone calm.

What causes this " I can't sit still" creepy feeling, like restless leg syndrome going thru your whole body?

I'm a nervous gal, but this is a whole new level of anxiety.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I am experiencing the same exact thing. It’s so hard to explain to anyone. I don’t understand myself what this is. I am post menopause 11 years and while my symptoms have never completely left, the last couple of years have been more manageable. Late last year I started feeling off, not myself. By March of this year I had bottomed out. Every symptom I have ever experienced is back with a vengeance.The anxiety has really ramped up. I want to think there has been a dip or fluctuation in what hormones I have left. So hoped I would be through this after all these years.

• Posted

Hi Cass, 11 yrs .. you poor thing.

My symptoms struck only post-meno, so if there was anything going on during peri, I was either too busy or occupied to notice, or I was just feeling better in general.

Now I feel like I'm running on empty, similar to what you're experiencing.

I had a bout of good days, thinking this was coming to an end, so I started getting out there and living more, only to get kicked down once again.

My symptoms hit about a yr after periods stopped. And it came in fast and unexpected. Was hoping it would leave that way too. Guess not. 😦

Do you notice when you get that "on edge/high adrenaline" feeling.. your mood is also kinda sad, scared, and hopeless?

So it's like 2 things going on at once. Physical feelings of wanting to crawl out of your skin, plus your mind feels hopeless and scared.

I've noticed when the feeling subsides, my mood lifts. There has to be some kind of connection with

hormones - body - brain.

Awful, awful journey and totally unpredictable. I'm with ya.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.