WHY WHEN I STOP VENSIR LIFE BECOMES SO HARD

Posted , 3 users are following.

tryed now to stop vensir for a while went from 150mg to 75mg then also on propanalol 40mg when needed but the bare fact is when i stop life becomes awful I cant look function I just want to die its awful does it ever end because I want to be off tablets feel normal experience life non zombiefied any help???? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

why did you decrease the venflafaxine? Was it your doctor's idea - because if you're feeling 'zombified' by a medicine the best thing to do is to discuss it with your doctor, so that s/he knows how you feel and can prescribe something different for you.

It's never a good idea to decrease meds unles you're under medical supervision

I'm currently reducing my sertraline, but only because I asked to as I feel better. My doctor gave me precise instructions as to how to do it.

It sounds like you're fed up with the side effects of venlafaxine and propranolol.

Please talk to your PCP or Psychiatrist about alternatives.

Love Tess xxx

• Posted

Thankyou tess think you hit the nail on tha head for me
  • Posted

And I just noticed that you asked, does it ever end?

Yes, it does. I am better now after two years on the maximum dose of sertraline. I had therapy, too.

So now I'm better, Anx - and you will be, too - give it time!

love Tess xxx

• Posted

Thanks tess in 28 from northern ireland with two kids and do personal training its so hard when you have to be so positive feeling so negative
  • Posted

When we take ourselves of certain medications given for depression and anxiety we can suffer withdrawal. If you want to be clean from your medications talk to your GP He will help you to ween yourself of the medication.

I would take advice on withdrawal of regular medications

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.