Why won't he increase it.?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ive been on flu for over 5 weeks. I asked my doctor if he could inceease the doze he said no. Why won't he increase it.?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

How many mg are you on now ?

And why do you want to up it ?

• Posted

Im on week 7 20mg . I still feel a lot of anxiety. I guess the problems at home are not helping. I have a 16 year old who has problems w substance abuse.
  • Posted

What dose are you on?

A bigger dose doesn't mean you'll get better any quicker and doesn't mean it'll be the dose for you.  A smaller dose will work just as well.  Some people struggle on a larger dose and feel constantly ill with side effects - a dose change often remedies that.

Also your doctor may want to increase your dose but is easing you onto it.  To increase too quickly can make you feel ill - best to let the side effects of one dose settle before increasing as each increase causes more side effects.

K x

• Posted

Like others are saying it depends on your current dosage... Personally I have only been put on a max of 60mg in the past.... But still, my Dr had an issue of upping it back on 40mg vs the initial starting dose of 20mg....they are useless to be honest....just a local village Dr, and I never get the same Dr either.... Half the issue I find. Is that the Dr, doesn't actually look up your history.....

• Posted

Hi.. yes very strange, it was my doc who suggested me going up each time.. I was on 20mg for 4 weeks, which that wasn’t good enough for me as I had good and bad days, and I wanted more good, so I went up to 40mg and that was a lot better for me, then 4weeks later my doc put me on 60mg and that’s was the best, as Iv never looked back, my depression as gone, and all side effects as well, so I’m glad my doc put me on the higher does as it suits ME great..

My daughter as been on 20mg for over 2yrs and she still as good and bad days, Iv said to her try going up see if helps as she can always come back down if not,

For ME I just wanted to have good days, more then the bad, and each time I went up, the smytoms were no where near as bad as when I was on 20mg...

But we are all different and what suits one won’t another... 

sorry to here he won’t give u a chance, did your doc say why he wouldn’t increase to you?? Good luk and I do hope it works out for you x

• Posted

That's great to hear Dawn. I just upped to 40mg 2 days ago and feel like I have taken a huge step back, but hopefully it wont last long and I will be better on 40mg.

• Posted

Hi Dom.. as you’ve just upped this med, just try give it aweek or two, I felt no different in the first week on 40mg but then the days seem to level it self out more then it was fine for me, it’s been nearly 8months since starting Prozac and I’m on 60mg now... unless this med stopped working for me, I will stay with it, as I’m out of that alfull black tunnel I was in b4 starting this med, it tuk me trying two other meds b4 I was on Prozac to find that this is right for ME, good luck Dom I so hope you find peace with this med very soon.. happy new year x
    • Posted

Thank you Dawn, and Happy New Year to you too.

I feel worse than I did on 20mg but I guess that is side effects. Is it easy enough to go back to 20mg if I don't like 40mg? x

• Posted

Hi Dom ... as Iv not tried going back down on this med I wouldn’t like to say.. but do give it a bit more time, I’m sure you will get there, as when you first went on to Prozac you never throught you would get this far didn’t you? Iv been following people on here to see how things go for them, and I’m always glad to here when they say they feel better ... 

the trouble with all of us we want the med to work yesterday, and don’t want to wait ( me too) but it don’t work like that I’m afreid, your looking at around 10/12 weeks to feel steady on these meds, I know it feels a long way off, but it’s not, honestly, I wish you could see how bad I was b4 starting Prozac, and how over the weeks/ months Iv become the person I New once, the side effects do go, one day you wake up and think, ‘ you know what, it’s been a long time since I had any side effects’ ..

I tried mirt b4 Prozac, and I was on 15mg then up to 30mg and the 30mg was worse for me so I came back down again to 15mg but the trouble is your prolonging the side effects even longer ( if you get me) as my body did not know if I was coming or going with the med, I gave mirt 6month to see if it got better, but no it was a nite mare, and came of it..

so on Prozac I wanted to stick it out, through the think and thin, and it worked for me, think it’s all down to finding what’s right for you 🤗x

• Posted

Hello Dawn,

You are so right, I felt way better in week 6 than week 1 on 20mg, and side effects wont be as bad this time. It just feels like forever when you are going through it doesn't it. I will stick with 40mg since I have upset the steady state now anyways. I know Prozac works for me from last time I took it but didn't have side effects that time. So strange.

Urgh you've been through it all doing Mirt with no result, then going on to Prozac. So happy for you that Prozac worked out and it is lovely that you have stayed on at this site to help others.

I'm dreaming of the day I don't get the side effects and feel normal me again x

• Posted

Yes Dom your right it does seem for ever waiting and hoping for it to work, I will always stay on here if I can, just to see and listen to others going through this crap, and out the other end.. 
    • Posted

That day will come for you I’m sure, if you’ve got the will power to see that there will be a end, then you will do it, it’s sooooo easy to give up on one med, and try another, but how far do you go on trying, if the next med, doesn’t work on day 1/2 do you once again give in and move to the next, by the time you’ve done that, u loose the will to live and beleave that will there ever be a med will work for you.. 

please keep intouch and let me know how you are doing, it’s a new year, and this could be a new you, 🤗x

• Posted

Oh I love your positive attitude Dawn! Hey I'll be hanging around too after I get better wink Prozac works so I'll stick with it, but surprised how hard this morning was going from 20mg to 40mg. Here's to 2018 smile x

• Posted

Rrr bless you dom, I’m glad your going to stick around, as we know what it’s like to feel these symptoms, and if just listening to one another helps then it’s a good one..

You even sound more positive on your last massage, see each day as tho it  could be the start to feel good...  keep in touch and hope you will soon be there 🤗x

• Posted

Today has been mega Dawn! I know it is another blip but it is a good blip for a change smile Staying on 40 as I saw doc and mentioned 30 and she said "I want you on 40" so there we have it smile Wishing you a great day!

• Posted

Fantastic Dom .. really pleased that your sticking with it and sounds like your on your way to be getting over this crap time.. and I’m glad you doc said to stick the 40mg as well.. so happy for you, 2018 welcome 🤗x

• Posted

Haha well I know it is just a blip and to be honest I am way too up. But it will level out. You're an angel staying around so long after getting better yourself. Happy New Year to too x

• Posted

Yeah it does level out, I was like that on 60 to start with, now it’s just normal if you get me lol .. happy new year to you as well 🤗x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.