Why you should refuse to take Premarin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Do you know what Premarin is and how it is made? It is extracted from pregnant horse urine. The pregnant mares are kept in cramped appalling conditions, chained in a stall that restricts movement, given minimal water so that their urine is concentrated. They have to be pregnant, so they are kept continually preganant until they are too old then they are slaughtered. And guess what happens to the foals? They are slaughtered as soon as they are born.

Any HRT with Prem in the brand name is likely to contain conjugated equine (o)estrogen (CEE). CEE is considered to have the worst side effects of all oestrogen because horse oestrogens are not compatible with humans. Back in July 2002 the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) study into hormone therapy was stopped abruptly because it was clear that long-term risks of Prempro use clearly outweighed the benefits. Prempro was a combination pill made up of Premarin and Provera, a synthetic form of progesterone. Women in the study on Prempro were found to suffer more breast cancers, heart attacks, strokes and blood clots than the women taking the placebo.

According to Dr Uzzi Reiss in his book The Natural SUPERWOMAN, some of the risks and side-effects associated specifically with Premarin include:

Inflammation

Increased body fat

Cardiovascular events

Arterial sclerotic disease

Venous thrombosis (blood clots in veins) and

Migraine headaches.

And recent research published in JAMA Internal Medicine Journal in January 2014 found that “CEEs use was associated with a higher risk of incident venous thrombosis and possibly myocardial infarction than estradiol use.”

JUST SAY NO

With so many safer alternatives on the market it is unnecessary to still be manufacturing synthetic oestrogen from pregnant mare’s urine. Not only is it a cruel practice, but it is harmful to the health of the women who are prescribed it.

So, if your doctor prescribes you Prempak-C or Premarin, refuse to accept the prescription. You are under no obligation to accept it. Object on the grounds of animal cruelty and the fact that it is associated with higher risks.

Ask for bioidentical hormones (usually in the form of oestrogen patches or gel ). If your doctor is reluctant to prescribe them, ask for a referral to a Menopause Clinic or a Gynae-Endocrine Consultant at a hospital.

If more and more women refuse to take this product, there will no longer be a commercial reason to manufacture it. And that will not only benefit the health menopausal women around the globe, but those poor suffering pregnant mares as well.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Suki girl we all make choices every day based on our requirements, health, suitability etc etc. I’ve tried bio identical hrt and the only one which works for me is Premarin.

So please remember it’s not as easy as ‘just change’. Hrt is not a one size fits all remedy.

• Posted

All the experts say it is not worth the risks to your health. The doctors stopped the drug trials because they feared for the safety of the women participating. Your choice. There are other synthetic oestrogens that are safer to use than Premarin. Menopause may be unpleasant, but it won’t kill you.
    • Posted

Hi there are so many other Estrogen trouble is most Quacks won't look further or tied into only giving this or that by med co bungs!

Have a look at natural E types do a net search on types give you food for thought then next time see Quack have more idea's of whats around!

• Posted

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!

MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT. I USE A BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONE CREAM THAT IS PRESCRIBED BY AN ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE DOCTOR AND IT WORKS GREAT AND CAN ALWAYS BE ADJUSTED. IT IS SO CRUEL WHAT THEY DO IN THIS BUSINESS THAT CREATES PREMARIN!!!!

• Posted

Thank you for your support. I’ve seen so many posts on these forums from women taking Premarin that I felt that I should say something. I expected some objections, especially from women in the US where Premarin is the most prescribed HRT; not so here in the UK where Doctors are now more concerned about compatibility with the human body. There are increasing numbers of women who are concerned about the risks of HRT and opt for bioidentical hormones or no hormones at all and try to find more natural alternatives - that can be seen on these forums. However, millions of women still take Premarin - I can only assume that is because they don’t know where it comes from or how it is made or the risks to their health. But, knowing human nature like I do, I know there are people who put short term gain over and above their long term health and and the health of others (why else would pregnant women smoke, in fact why else would people smoke at all!).

Awareness of where Premarin comes from and the risks needs to increase.

• Posted

Common ladies, do you really want to put something in your body that has come from this? (See photos)
    • Posted

Sorry, I meant “come on ladies”
    • Posted

Suki girl,

Thank you for trying to get this information out about pre'mar'in   ( pregnant Mare Urine ) and what it contains. So many women don't even know what is in this type of HRT. It is a shame that so many women years ago got so sick using this stuff, some even died and the only remedy was to cut the pills in half so it wasn't so deadly to women. When that didn't work they reduced the pill in half again. That seemed to satisfy the FDA to keep the drug on the market knowing full well what was still in it ( horse urine ) and that it didn't belong in a woman's body. So today even though doctors are reluctant to prescribe it, they still do. This is why they don't want women on it for too long. You are right, there is safer natural hormones out there. Biggest thing is to find a qualified doctor that knows what their doing to prescribe the right ones and moniter labs regularly. What these horses are put through in life to collect this high estrogen urine is appalling to no end and has been tolerated for many years to keep big pharma's big profits rolling in. Good post by you to bring this to attention.

• Posted

Thank you Jude. It just appalls me to see such beautiful intelligent animals chianed up for their whole life for our benefit, when it isn’t actually a benefit but a risk to those who use it. I could not understand why governments would allow such a practice when there are now plenty of alternative which do not involve such animal abuse. Having done some research I realise that the pharmaceutical companies are very very wealthy and want to stay that way and have bribed many people so they can stay that way. The medicines we are prescribed are not the ones that are the best for our health, they are the ones that the most money has been offered to the doctors to prescribe.
    • Posted

All down to 'Big Pharma' a big problem USA side you have some great medical findings asi ve Fibromyalgia and USA is years a head of UK but medicines are held back by Med Co's as just want there bucks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.