whyy?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just want to stop. alcohol is literally ruining my life. i always say im going to stop and there i am drinking again. its not fun anymore and it just make me feel miserable but when i do quit for a couple days my anxiety is so bad and i think im gonna die. idk what to do or where to start

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How much are you drinking Jor?

For how long?

What is the pattern? Do you drink all day? Only in the evening?

Oh, and are you make or female? Not that it matters, but I always find myself struggling to know how to refer to people in later posts (he or she) and so many people here use names that don't give us much of a clue smile

• Posted

I meant 'Male or Female' of course.

Please patient.info, can you add a feature by which we can edit our own posts when we realise we have made a typo AFTER hitting the 'send' button?! I'm sure I'm not the only one who cringes at my typos after posting a message smile

• Posted

You have made the first step by posting. Well Done!!! Xxx
  • Posted

i usually just drink on the weekends i used to drink everyday then down to like 3 or 4 times a week. and this week ive drank 4 times. its been going on for like 4 or 5 years id say. and only in the evenings and im a female. i just wanna stop!!
    • Posted

How much do you drink on your heaviest drinking days Jor?

Anxiety is caused by alcohol, as is depression and insomnia. By stopping for long enough, your anxiety will reduce.

Do you have any other withdrawal symptoms when you don't drink for a couple of days?

The reason for all the questions is to work out whether you need an alcohol detox initially to start the process of getting off alcohol.

• Posted

Hi. Your drunking pattern sounds similar to how mine was. I stopped 130 days ago and believe me it really is worth the effort. 

Drinking makes depression and anxiety worse. You might feel a bit more anxious when you stop but that will pass in a few days. This article is good. 

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5787796

Other things I found really helpful when I first quit. 

This blog, read from day 1 onwards.

http://livingwithoutalcohol.blogspot.co.uk/p/month-1.html?m=1

Also get Jason Vale's book, how to quit drinking easily. 

And get a little app counter to count your days. That helped me. 

Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.