Wide awake

Posted , 6 users are following.

after various issues with sleep i have been awake all night feel like crying havent done this for about four mths feel really anxious....i know i will sleep well tonight but i feel scared ....i slept altrrnate nights last year which was awful then slowly started to sleep every night...i worry about the impact on heart and health....i do suffer from health anxiety as well xx

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Like you I go through times when I hardly sleep at all. Im going through a bad patch at the moment (3 hrs last night) and yes it does make you feel weepy,spaced out and thoroughly miserable. I also have 4 or 5 days in a row where I hardly sleep at all. I once went to my GP to be told "Not sleeping never killed anyone"! Not what I wanted to hear but strangely reassuring! On and off I have been like this for 10yrs and other than feeling grumpy and spaced out it hasnt done me any harm. I also worry about my health every little twinge has to be something sinister!!! Try not to worry (hard I know) You will be fine.

• Posted

thankyou....it is more anxiety than the sleep...ive noticed more common in women as well...i sldpt 13 hrs last night...best sleep in 10 years

• Posted

Yes I agree its the anxiety. WOW 13 hrs you are alright for the rest if the week then !! I slept 6hrs good for me and feel great today. I am not going to let this sleep thing dominate my life . Best wishes.

• Posted

no sleep doesnt make me angry or irritable either just spaced out and anxious.. looking back only had two sleepless nights in last four mths

good really even thou it panics me..bad memories of last year...i usually get 5/6 hrs a nite..i been told off for counting hrs as it can increase anxiety..makes sense really.we almost become sleep scientists lol...live like you dont have insomnia..wise words ♥️

• Posted

Hello Christine

I had many nights in the past when I just couldn't get to sleep.

Now I have found reading till I can't keep my eyes open really

helps. Also exercise makes for some physical exhaustion.

Do you go to bed at the same time each night ? Staying up late

watching tv doesn't help. Do you walk, swim or do yoga ?

Stay away from sleeping tablets.

alpine

• Posted

thanks for this..i been doing so well..i have had 0 sleepsunday and tuesday night but slept 13 hrs monday night..scared im slipping back into alternate nights sleeping..getting scared to go sleep tonight...😢my anxiety is through the roof

• Posted

and a big massive hi..how old are you if you dont mind me asking..im 52 and was wondering if its an age related thing as well..many thanks

• Posted

Hello Christine

My worst time was when the children were young, about 20 years ago,

it was a busy time at work & home plus commuting about 45 mins. each

way. Now I enjoy time spent with the grand children & retirement means

no more rushing of to work.

alpine

• Posted

Christine,

The anxiety is what is depriving you of sleep. I would suggest some natural remedies to help calm you down. Like chamomile. Have you tried it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.