Wide Spread Muscle Twiching after Covid Vaccine or Stress??

Posted , 1 user is following.

So Before the pandemic, I was the class clown, had numerous friends, and was always the first person to speak, engage, and laugh at anything. Once this began, I became obsessed with the virus, wiping down everything that entered the house, restricted seeing family members, and was always in the constant fear of worry if anyone came to close to me. Fast forward to January 2021, we moved into a new construction house which was a constant battle with the builder that lasted for months. Everything was half decent until July when I noticed swollen lymph nodes in my neck. Being a medical student and developing health anxiety after the pandemic made me think the worse. Even after I was reassured by my GP, I insisted on going for an ultrasound. I believe that this was my mistake. This was also when I was getting my Second Covid Pfizer Vaccine which I completely did not want to get as I was dwelling on it for months but was eventually forced by my school (More anxiety). The second shot I received was October 8th. Everything was fine until that UltraSound Report came in on the 15th. It said, "not definitely benign" and other parts that were not normal. For 3 days I was shaking and thought I had cancer. At the oncologist's office which was on the 18th of October, my blood pressure was around 160/120 with my Resting Heart Rate at 155 beats per minute. This probably lasted for 30 minutes. Everything eventually was clear on my lymph nodes, but another thing began. I cannot recall the exact date, but I think I noticed some minor twitching that I did not pay too much attention too around my pectoral muscle and deltoid muscle, which started around the 15th (the day I read those results). Then I believe after that appointment on the 18th, where I had that massive health scare, I noticed more twitching where I got the shot ( Right Deltoid). As soon as this happened, I immediately began connecting the shot that I did not want to get with the vaccine. Then I googled symptoms of twitching. This was such a horrible idea. What was first in my arm or so went everywhere immediately, especially in my calves. For 2 months I thought the worst, again. I was fortunate to see my GP, 2 top neurologists, have 2 EMG's 3 MRI's, and all the blood work possible. Everything came back normal. At the same time I was relieved, and mostly the widespread twitching stopped, and is now mostly in my calves. I think it is so unfair for what is happening to me. I did not go anywhere during covid, was super clean about everything, the neck, the house, got the shot, and that massive healthcare. I keep on dwelling that it was because of the shot, but rational me (as I write this) tells me its stress/anxiety. I also want to note that it is not as bad in the morning or when I am not supper stressed or having a panic attack (which I never had before the pandemic). I also had occasional buzzing and vibrations when I thought I had ALS, but those thankfully went away. Do you think that this is stress related and not the vaccine, and that this will eventually subside. I feel like if this happened before the shot, I would be much better but the part of not knowing is just so upsetting. I had no twitches until I read that report on the 15th - 18th.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.