Wierd hole dots in corner of waterline and uncoumfortable eye

Posted , 3 users are following.

In the inner corner of my eye right on the waterline there’s this dark dot that looks like a hole. I discovered it when I was looking for the cause of my eye being rather uncoumfortable when I close it (which is annoying whilst I’m trying to sleep). Does anyone know what this dot could be. I have a picture I’ll work out if I can post on here

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Turns out I can’t post picturessad

• Posted

What you are describing sounds like your puncta, you have them on the inner and outer corners of both eyes and are perfectly normal. They allow your tears to drain. If you are able to post a pic I can tell you for sure. It shouldnt cause discomfort though. If it is not the furthest dot then it may be a gland which can get blocked and cause discomfort. In that case I would recommend a warm compress.
    • Posted

this is the weird hole thing, I've never noticed it before isn't it weird how we don't know our own bodies that well. I think there was a bit of dirt in my eye somewhere but I don't know I think it appears to be ok now.

• Posted

Yes that is your puncta, if you had dirt in your eye it could have been rubbing against your eye causing the irritation. Glad it feels better!
  • Posted

Totally agree with k51095.   You may have an infection in the duct,or very near it.  Keep your hands well away from your eyes. Often these problems clear up without too much intervention but if it becomes worse then do see your GP. Just showering your face with warm water and keeping all soap and shower gel away from your face may clear it up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.