Wierd sensation in head on standing and urgent need to use toilet?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I don't know if I should be posting this somewhere else, advice would be great.

I drove to my mum's house yesterday. Sat down for a short while and on standing and leaving her house I had this wierd feeling in my head like some sort of aura, like feeling spaced out, not with it, sorry it sounds vague but it's hard to describe. Following it I had the urgent need to use the toilet (bowels) on two occasions. We did some shopping but I had to go home because I was worried I was going to lose control.

I take citalopram for anxiety and a diuretic for border line blood pressurewhen I got home I rested for a short while and felt ok.

Can anyone advise please or direct me to a more appropriate site.

Many thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

perfectly normal called derealization or depersonalization a symptom of anxiety completely harmless I know it's scary though
    • Posted

Thanks for replying AntsyTammi,

I wondered whether it was depersonalization but didn't know it could affect bowels.

The other thing I remember is like a like a pressure feeling in my ears, almost like a feeling from noise to silence. So difficult to explain

I agree, it is really scary, a feeling of mot being in control.

Many thanks for your reassurance.

• Posted

the bowel thing can be due to anxiety fight or flight mode rolleyes
  • Posted

Sounds like a head rush. Rapid change in blood pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.