Wife Depressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

My wife recently lost her job and has been very depressive over the last month. Why I don't know but she is hiding something I believe and has lost all sense of purpose in life. She has become a drinker and I don't know what to do. Please advice.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sorry to read of your difficulties regarding your wifes situation.

Losing her job also means losing her independence, her workmates and most importantly her reason for living, contributing and feeling part of something.

Now her life is empty, staying home instead of mixing with others. Are you working, if so imagine how your life would be if suddenly you were isolated from your normal day to day routine.

Hopefully, this is a temporary blip and your wife will get back on her feet and find a new job. Meanwhile, she will need your support and understanding.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Sanjeev,

Glad to hear she has your support. But you may need additional help from your GP if things don't improve. I have suffered many years with ptsd, anxiety and depression, without my dear wife and doctors support I would not have come through this far.

Very best wishes for you both, we are always here to help.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.